This article is all about the HTC Desire 828 Issues, Drawbacks and Problems which has been released in November 2015.
Yes, on paper the specs are interesting with the Desire 828. It is a dual SIM device with is powered with a 1.5 GHz Octa-core chipset from MediaTek. It comes pre-installed with Android Lollipop but the company promised to upgrade it to the latest version Android v6.0 Marshmallow. Like many other HTC smartphones this one too can be expanded its external memory up to 2 TB or 2048 GB. Design wise it is very slim but a little large due to the 5.5 inch display size. The 13 megapixel camera has an optical image stabilization feature which takes care of blurry images and shaky videos. It produces a very high quality images when the light is in good condition. Anyway lets get to the main topic which is about the issues, problems and drawbacks of the HTC Desire 828.
Below are the lists of 7 HTC Desire 828 Issues and Problems:
1. The primary issue with the device is the presence of heavy bloatwares. Now some of these can be uninstalled and some can’t. I wonder why smartphone manufacturer thinks that those apps would be necessary for the consumers.
2. Next HTC Desire 828 issue is that the device does not have a NFC. For a phone at this price tag this feature is very much required.
3. What about the heating issue? Well it heats a little above average when compared with other device. The heating is experienced on the display and on the processor.
4. Another HTC Desire 828 drawbacks is that the device does not have any kind of fast battery charging technology. You know what it takes more than 4.5 hours to charge fully. However the battery backup is pretty good.
5. The overall weight of the device is about 183 grams which is not a big problem, but when it is for a huge display phone its feels very bulky.
6. No any infrared sensor which could have been used for wireless control of home appliances like TV, AC etc.
7. And the last but not the least HTC Desire 828 issue is that it does not support HDMI or MHL TV-Out cable. Sure the USB OTG works fine, but OTG is meant only for data transfer.The HDMI support problem could have been fixed with a USB Type-C reversible connector.
My Verdict: Nonetheless it is a very good smartphone which has a very good primary camera. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone that supports NFC then follow the link below.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there any HTC Desire 828 lagging or hanging issues or problems?
– Technically speaking there is no any kind of lags or hangs whatsoever.
Is there any viewing angle issues with the display?
– No, it is fine like many other mid range smartphones.