This article is about the Alfawise S95 Smart TV Box Review with Pros and Cons.
Alphawise has launched a new smart TV box which is in the lower end budget segment. But being budget does not mean it has compromised the specs and features. It has to a very good specifications when it is compared with it counterparts. Anyway lets take a dipper look into the device by doing a review of Alfawise S95 TV box with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Alfawise S95 Smart TV Box advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Alfawise S95 TV Box (Pros and Advantages):
1. The processor is Amlogic S905W which has Cortex-A53 chipset of four cores. It is powerful enough to smoothly operate the smart TV box without any issues.
2. Its graphics is handled by Mali-450 GPU. For a smart TV box which sole purpose is for media consumption is to have Mali-450 as no intensive processing is required. By the way its a penta-core GPU.
3. In terms on RAM and ROM it comes in two variants. The first is with 1 GB DDR3 RAM and 8 GB eMMC ROM. And the second one is with 2 GB DDR3 RAM and 16 eMMC ROM. I suggest you to get the higher variant.
4. Yes, it does supports 4K video playback flawlessly. There are no frame drops when playing 4K resolution videos.
5. Out of the box it comes with Android Nougat and the version is 7.1 which is the latest one.
6. It supports full HDMI 2.0 version for connecting the device to a TV.
7. There is also an ethernet port which is the RJ45 connector. The maximum speed of the RJ45 LAN port is up to 100 mega bits per second.
8. Another Alfawise S95 TV Box pros is that there are two full size USB 2.0 ports.
9. The wireless feature that it supports is of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. You can screen cast to a large display through Wi-Fi.
10. As there are standard USB 2.0 ports it does supports external hard disk drive. The maximum it can support is up to 4 terabyte. There is also a memory card slot where it can read, write and copy through it.
11. And the last is that due the smaller form factor it can easily fit in your palm to carry around. Plus its very light which weights 120 grams.
Reasons Not to Buy Alfawise S95 TV Box (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons I found is that there is no Bluetooth.
2. Second is that there is neither USB 3.0 nor USB Type-C port.
3. Yes, it has missed the 3D feature. Follow this link for an alternative smart TV box.
My Verdict: One of the best at the given price tag. However if you are looking for a better alternative smart TV box then follow the link below.