This article is about the Alfawise X5 Mini PC Review with Advantages and Disadvantages.
On one hand the desktop industry is ending, on the other the mini PC is booming in the market. The first and foremost reason is the price and and another is the size. X5 is yet another mini PC from Alfawise which is currently priced under 90 bucks. On paper the specs looks good. But I have written this post to discuss the product in details. So lets review the Alfawise X5 Mini PC with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Alfawise X5 Mini PC advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Alfawise X5 Mini PC (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first is the design. It’s small enough to easily carry around. You don’t need to have large places to keep, it can be tucked any places.
2. The processor is a 1.92 GHz Intel Atom X5-Z8350. Yes it is not a very powerful CPU but for daily casual usage it dies the job. You will not have any issues in watching videos even at 4K resolution. The cache memory is 2 MB.
3. Next Alfawise X5 Mini PC advantages is that for multitasking it has 2 GB of DDR3 RAM. Kindly note that there is no way to further increase the RAM as it does not have any expandable slot.
4. The graphics is handled by Intel HD Graphics 400. It is an integrated one and not a dedicated one but still performs well enough for medium graphics games. The maximum frequency of the GPU is 500 MHz.
5. Another advantages of Alfawise X5 Mini PC is that the internal memory comes with 32 GB eMMC 5.0 card. Apart from that you can also bump-up the memory up to 128 GB.
6. For wired internet connectivity or insanely fast file transfer it has the RJ45 LAN port. It has the ability to transfer files up to 1000 megabits per second.
7. Next is a very interesting advantages which is regarding the operating system. It’s powered by two operating system, Windows 10 Home and Android 5.1 (Lollipop). They can be switched freely without turning the device off. Applications are OS specific so you won’t see Android apps when the active operating system is Windows 10.
8. In total there are three USB ports. One is USB 3.0 and the other two is USB 2.0 ports.
9. It supports 5.1 surround sound through the 3.5 mm audio jack.
10. The mini PC has an HDMI port for connecting it to a large display. The maximum resolution it supports is 4K screen. But there will be some issues in terms of scaling with some applications.
11. For wireless connectivity it has both Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi of 2.4 GHz.
12. And the last is the fan-less design. It is very silent. The body material is of aluminium metal. There are large heat sinks which increase the heat dissipation by 30%.
Reasons Not to Buy Alfawise X5 Mini PC (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. There ain’t any. Seriously I could find any cons.
My Verdict: For the price at which it is being sold, its worth every penny. However in case if you want to get ti at a very low price then follow the link below.
So, that is the review of Alfawise X5 Mini PC. Hope you found what you wanted to know. If there is anything I left out don’t forget to ask in the comment section below.