This article is about the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser Pros and Cons.
This is the third flagship smartphone from Asus in their Zenfone line up. The smartphone was announced in July and released in August 2016. The model ID of the laser variant is ZC551KL. Anyway the reason for the existence of this Asus Zenfone 3 Laser pros and cons article is to let you know the good and bad of the device before buying them so that you don’t suffer later.
Below are the lists of Asus Zenfone 3 Laser pros and cons which you can also consider them as advantages and disadvantages if you choose to.
Reasons to Buy Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (Pros):
1. The large 5.5 inch full HD display which holds a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
2. The 4 GB of RAM for multitasking.
3. Next pros is that the graphics is powered by Adreno 505 GPU.
4. The internal space is of 32 GB and is expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card slot.
5. The primary camera is of 13 megapixel with laser autofocus feature which provides very fast and near accurate autofocus on the subjects.
6. The secondary camera is a 8 megapixel sensor which takes decent quality images in low light conditions.
7. The operating system is Android Marshmallow and is stuffed with ZenUI 3.0 as its user interface.
8. It supports USB OTG cable which is another Asus Zenfone 3 Laser pros.
9. Another Asus Zenfone 3 Laser pros is that it supports VoLTE which allows users to make calls over LTE networks.
10. The 3000 mAh battery is of decent capacity which can last throughout the day for a normal user.
11. Important sensors includes proximity, accelerometer, gyroscope and ambient light sensor.
12. For display protection it is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which is a 2.5D curved glass.
13. The entire body is made up of Aluminum which is very premium.
14. And the last pros is that the device is very slim which measures a thickness of just 7.9 mm.
Reasons Not to Buy Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (cons):
1. The first and foremost is the ridiculous price. I can understand if it is a Samsung device as they have service centers in every nook and corner of the world. But Asus crossed the limit with their pricing, I guess they are on cocaine.
2. Next Asus Zenfone 3 Laser cons is that it powered by a Snapdragon 430, can you believe that. It should have at least come with a Snapdragon 650. Its better to buy a Helio X20 powered smartphone.
3. The 13 megapixel camera can neither record 4K resolution videos nor slow motion videos.
4. It does not have NFC (Near Field Communication) which is another cons.
5. Another Asus Zenfone 3 Laser cons is that there is no USB Type-C reversible connector.
6. Because of the absence of OIS (optical image stabilization) the handheld video quality of the primary camera is very shaky. I am asking for it as there are smartphones which have OIS.
7. And the last Asus Zenfone 3 Laser cons is that there are lots of bloatwares (unnecessary apps) which comes pre installed with the device.
My Verdict: The best Zenfone since its inception, but the price is ridiculous. However if you looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.