This article is about the Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL Review with Pros and Cons.
Asus has come a long way in the smartphone division since the inception of Zenfone series. Today I am here to discuss about the new one which to me looks absolutely stunning. To be honest this is the first time an Asus smartphone is drawing attention from me. The price is however a little bit on the expensive side if you compare side by side with devices from other Chinese smartphones. Anyway I have written this posts to talk about the Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL review with pros and cons along with some problems and issues if there is any.
Below are the lists of Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL (Pros and Advantages):
1. Undoubtedly 2018 is the year of ultra wide displays. So this one is no exception as it has a relatively larger 6.2 inch IPS LCD screen. The resolution is 1080×2246 pixels and with that resolution it holds a pixel density of 402 ppi (pixels per inch). Means technically it is a full HD+ display. The aspect ratio of the screen is 19:9 which is a little longer than most smartphones. Its screen to body ratio is 83.6% which makes it a full vision display.
2. The engine is powered by a 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 636 processor which is the latest one from Qualcomm. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which can handle any intensive tasks without any heating issues or lagging problems what so ever. Applications do open, runs and closes pretty smoothly.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. Next Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL advantages is the about of primary memory. I am talking about the RAM which it has 6 GB. However in some countries you will find with 4 GB of RAM but of course with a relatively lower price. When booted for the first time it has about 3.9 GB RAM left.
4. For graphics it comes embedded with the latest Adreno 509 GPU. It is a very powerful GPU, you will notice no any drop in frames either while running games or other graphic intensive applications. You can install and run any application from the Google Play Store without any problems and issues.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files and installing applications it has an internal storage space of 64 GB. If you further want to increase the secondary memory you do have the provision that can take up to 400 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
6. Next up is the optics where ASUS is relying heavily for it to sell good. And by looking at the specs and features of the camera it looks quite promising. Its all AI (artificial intelligence). On the rear it is a dual setup which is a combination of 12 MP and 8 MP. Both the sensor has different focal aperture The 12 MP has f/1.8 and the 8 MP has f/2.0 as its aperture. For image stabilization it has EIS (electronic image stabilization) which is powered the 6 axis gyroscope sensor. For low light performance it has dual LED (dual tone) flash. Yes it can record videos in 2160p resolution at 30 fps (frames per second) and in 1080p at 30 and 60 fps.
7. The operating system of the device is Android Oreo and the user is Asus ZenUI 5.0 which is based on Android 8.0 (Oreo). Yes there are a couple of bloatwares but you can uninstall them without any problems.
8. On the rear the smartphone has a finger scanner which is pretty accurate and quick in responding.
9. Next pros of Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL is the array of sensors that it has. They are proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, e-compass, gyroscope, hall sensor and accelerometer.
10. As it has a USB Type-C reversible connector USB OTG cable is supported.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Now the battery capacity may not be a massive one, but the 3300 mAh is good enough to run throughout the day for a normal user. If you are a hardcore gamer then you might need to recharge in between.
12. And yes it does support fast charging technology through the supplied power adapter which can charge the battery in just 90 minutes from zero percent to hundred percent.
13. Zenfone devices are known for their display protection to come with Corning Gorilla Glass. And yes this one didn’t disappoint. The sides and edges of the glass over the display has been curved which gives it a 2.5D looks and feel.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
14. The overall weight of the device is 155 grams and the thickness is 7.9 mm which is kind of average these days. Without any doubt it is made out of high grade metal which is very elegant and beautiful.
15. Another reason to go with it is for the presence of NFC (near field communication).
16. And boy the quality of the external speaker is very good and pretty loud. Actually it has dual speakers.
17. And finally the last is the Bluetooth which is the latest 5.0 version. Not many smartphones has this version.
Reasons Not to Buy Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The memory card slot is not a dedicated one. Means it has to use up one of the SIM card slot thereby compromising the dual SIM slot provision. Its not a huge Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL cons but for some its a real one.
My Verdict: Other than the one problem related to no dedicated memory slot everything is good, but a price little bit on the expensive side. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone with Snapdragon 835 at the same price then follow this link.
That’s all about the Asus ZENFONE 5 ZE620KL review with pros and cons . If you believe I have left out anythng please comment below.