This article is about the Blackview BV9500 Review with Pros and Cons.
A year before Blackview has entered into the rugged smartphone business. They have the BV series for that category. And recently they have alaunched a new one which is called BV9500. The specs and features of the device are pretty great but I believe the price is a bit on the higher side. So without any further ado lets review the Blackview BV9500 with Pros and Cons along with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Blackview BV9500 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Blackview BV9500 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the device is of 5.7 inches wide in diagonal which is very good for watching videos and playing games. Resolution of the screen is 2160×1080 pixels which makes it a full HD panel. The colors and brightness are all good.
2. Under the hood the device is powered by a 2.4 GHz Mediatek chipset. Actually the model of the processor is MT6763T which is an octa-core CPU. It’s good for running intensive tasking without any heating issues or lagging problems.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking the RAM is powered by 4 GB which is enough to run tons of apps at the same time.
4. For gaming the Blackview BV9500 is powered by ARM Mali-G71 MP2 which has a clock-speed of 770 MHz 2 cores
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The secondary memory comes with 64 GB for storing files and installing applications. There is also a micro SD card for increasing the memory up to 256 GB.
6. The primary optics is a combination of two 16 megapixel sensor, means its a dual setup. The secondary is of 13 megapixel which has a fixed focus. Both the camras takes decent quality images.
7. Out of the box it comes with Android 8.1 which is the Oreo version. Yes the company will provide future software updates especially for security and bugs.
8. The finger print scanner is on the right side which is convinent to reach as the thumb or index finger automatically rests on the on the sensor.
9. The Blackview BV9500 comes with all the important sensors viz., e-compass, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor and gyroscope.
10. The type of the USB port is USB Type-C reversible connector. It offers you to connect flash drives and also USB OTG cable.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The primary reason consumers would be after this smartphone is for the 10000 mAh battery. Its really a massive battery and should at least last more than three days for a normal user. Power user can expect to last a couple of days.
12. Now large battery needs longer charging time. Blackview has taken care of that as it comes with quick charging technology. To charge from zero percent to hundred percent it requires just 3.5 hours.
13. Another great feature of the smartphone is for the wireless charging technology. Just leave the device on the wireless charging pad and forget about it.
14. As it is a rugged smartphone the display obvioulsy comes with protection from Corning Gorilla Glass.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
15. The construction of the Blackview BV9500 is part metal and part plastic, and quality of the plastic is very premium which looks and feels very elegant.
16. Next advantages of the device is for the IP68 rating. It means the device is waterproof and dust proof which is an obvious feature for a ruged smartphone.
17. And last but not the least is the support of NFC (near field communicaiton) for instant wireless payments and instant wireless connections.
Reasons Not to Buy Blackview BV9500 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The only cons I found with the smartphone is for the absence of a dedicated memory card slot. Means it has to be shared with the SIM card slot, thereby making it a single SIM smartphone or vice-versa.
My Verdict: Its a decent ruged smartphone, but little bit over priced. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.