This article is about the CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Tablet Pros and Cons Review.
Recently CHUWI has launched another tablet which can be considered as their most premium tablet especially in hardware design and software. It is called the Hi10 Pro which is the professional or pro variant of the original Hi10. Now the question is it really worth buying the pro version. Well in short I would definitely say “YES, you should really get the pro variant”. My one word reason is design. However lets dig a little dipper into some of details so that you don’t really end up buying poor things due to your poor research. So from the user standpoint I decided to write the review in CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Ultrabook pros and cons style.
Below are the lists of CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Ultrabook Tablet PC pros and cons which can be also considered as advantages and disadvantages.
Reasons to Buy CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Ultrabook (Pros or Merits):
1. Undoubtedly it is the best looking cheap tablet PC from a Chinese vendor. The entire body is a made out of metal (aluminum to be specific). You know what, the pro tag is for the metal unibody as the older (original) model was entirely made out of plastic. Despite being a metallic body it weights only 562 grams, while its flagship high end counterparts like the Apple iPad 3 weights more than 650 grams. Plus the dimension in thickness is of only 8.5 mm which is in fact slimmer than many smartphones and also that’s why its called Ultrabook.
2. Next moving on to the display it comes with a humongous 10.1 inch IPS LCD screen which is of full HD resolution with 1920×1080 pixels. The screen brightness is definitely not the brightest around in the market but with 350-nits its pretty decent even from a large viewing angle. Its aspect ratio is of 16:10 which is great for media consumption compared to a 16:9 ratio, because the later just cramps the output quality but the former gives you those extra space whenever you feel the need to increase its output height.
3. In the engine department it is powered by a 1.84 GHz Intel X5 Series Cherry Trail CPU and a 500 MHz Intel Gen8 HD Graphics GPU. With that powerful CPU it is coupled with a 4GB high-speed DDR3L RAM and it comes with an internal memory of 64 GB. And yes, its memory can be expanded up to 128 GB with the help of a TF card.
4. Another pros is the battery capacity which is in fact larger than most budget laptops. Its exact capacity is of 6500 mAh which is a little bit less (100 mAh to be precise) than the predecessor one. But still it manages to keep the juices flowing continuously for more than 7 hours under normal usage. With Chuwi quick charging technology it charges can fully within 3-4 hours with the supplied 5V/3A charger.
5. Another thing I really really like about the device is the inclusion of a USB Type-C reversible connector. I have never seen a Type-C connector on a tablet this cheap. Apart from that it also has a normal micro USB port.
6. Users can also make the tablet fell like a laptop by connecting a magnetic keyboard which really helps while making documents and presentations. Plus the capacitive screen also supports stylus pen which helps in editing images, digital paintings or sketching with better precision.
7. And the last but the not the least CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Tablet PC pros or advantages over many other tablets is the dual operating system feature. Yes, you read that right. It comes pre installed with a Windows 10 and Remix OS based Android Lollipop (v5.1). Windows 10 allows you to choose between tablet mode and full laptop mode. On the Remix OS performs just like any other regular Android device, means you can install and run all the apps that are available on the Google Play Store.
Reasons Not to Buy CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Tablet PC (Cons or Disadvantages):
1. Now the first problems or cons with the tablet PC is the low resolution of the camera which is of only 2 megapixels. Yes both on the front and rear are only 2 MP. However I won’t say its a major issues or disadvantages because the tablet is already offering a lot more than you can actually get at that price tag. By the way who uses a tablet for capturing images, and isn’t that weird.
2. Second CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Ultrabook Tablet PC cons or disadvantages is that it does not have a SIM card slot, which means wireless internet connectivity on its own is not possible. But fear not as it supports Wi-Fi connectivity.
My Verdict: All in all “Bang for the Buck” and “Insanely Good“. Below I have provided a link for the best price that you can get on the internet right now.