This article is about the CUBOT King Kong 3 Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently Cubot has recently launched a new smartphone in the rugged segment. Specs looks decent when its price is compared to the features it has. Now I am here to talk about the goods and bads of the smartphone. So lets review the CUBOT King Kong 3 with pros and cons (problems and issues).
Below are the lists of CUBOT King Kong 3 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy CUBOT King Kong 3 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the smartphone is of 5.5 inches wide in diagonal which is relatively smaller than most devices. But the aspect ratio still maintains at 18:9 just like smartphones with 6 inches wide. Quality of the display is good in terms of brightness, saturation and contrast levels.
2. Second CUBOT King Kong 3 pros is that the processor comes with a 2.5 GHz which is the Helio P23 form Mediatek. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which performs very good withotu any heating issues or lagging problems.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking this rugged smartphone comes with 4 GB of RAM as its primary memory. It as around 2.1 GB when booted for the first time.
4. GPU for gaming is powered by ARM Mali-G71 MP2 which is one of the best in the budget segment. You can play most of the games without any issues.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files the CUBOT King Kong 3 has 64 of ROM as on board memory. Out if which it has around 56 GB left for the user for installing apps and storing files.
6. Primary camera is a comnination of 13 megapixels and 2 megapixels which has been software interpolated to 16 megapixels. Secondary camera is of 13 megapixels which is again software interpolated from 8 megapixels. Quality wise both the camera produces decent images.
7. Out of the box the operating system of the CUBOT King Kong 3 is Android 8.1 which is the Oreo version. You will recieve software updates in terms of security. However there has been no any information regarding operating system upgrade from the company.
8. On the rear it has a fingerprint scanner which can recognizes from all angles. Plus its fairly quick in responding as well.
9. Here are the lists of important sensors which are accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, gyroscope, NFC, proximity sensor, light sensor and gravity sensor.
10. For connecting flash drives it does support USB OTG cable. And also the type of the USB port is USB Type-C reversible connector.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Another great selling point is for the massive 6000 mAh battery. Capacity of this definitely runs for at least a couple of days even for an avid user.
12. Being a large battery it needs fast charging. And Cubot has taken care of that as it comes with qucik charging feature which can charge the battery in just 150 minutes with the supplied 18 watt power adapter.
13. For the protection of the display it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
14. As it is a rugged smartphone it has to be IP rated. And yes it is an IP68 rated which means its a waterproof device.
15. Yes it doe shave NFC (near field communication) for instant connectivity.
16. The sides and edges are made out of metal and the back is of premium plastic.
Reasons Not to Buy CUBOT King Kong 3 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The only cons I found in the smartphone is that the display is not full HD which is a bit disappointing. For a rugged smartphone which has 2K resolution display follow this link.
My Verdict: Considering the price and specs its a decent sartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.