This article is about the Elephone A5 Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently Elephone has launched a new product in the smartphone division. It’s called A5 which is priced at a mid budget segment. By looking at the specs and features it’s a very good device, but there are some which might not be good as well. So to let you know the good and bad of the device I have written this post. Without any further ado let’s review the Elephone A5 with pros and cons along with some problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Elephone A5 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Elephone A5 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the smartphone is 6.18 inches wide in diagonal which holds a resolution of 2246×1080 pixels. Colors do pop well with decent amount of brightness, saturation and contrast levels.
2. Under the hood the engine is rocked with Helio P60 chipset. The clock speed of the CPU is 2.0 GHz which is pretty fast. Under extreme usage you won’t notice any lagging issues or heating problems.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. In terms of primary memory it comes.in two variants. One is 6 GB and the other is 4 GB. In case if you are thinking which one to get, I recommend you to go for the 6 GB variant.
4. Next up is that for gaming it comes with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. This GPU is very powerful which can run most of the graphic intensive applications without any drop in frames speed.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. Like the RAM which comes in two models in terms of internal memory it also has two models. The 6 GB RAM has 128 GB of internal memory and the 4 GB RAM variant had 64 GB of onboard memory. Besides large internal memory it has a micro SD card slot which can be increased up to 512 GB.
6. Unlike others which has dual camera setup this one has triple setup. It’s a combination of 12, 5 and 0.3 megapixels for the rear camera. The front one is of 20 megapixels and 2 megapixels. Both the rear and front camera takes decent quality images in low light and good natural light.
7. The operating system of the device has been pre-installed with the latest version of Android 8.1 which is the Oreo version. It is a very clean software without any bloatwares or unnecessary applications. All in all it’s a stock Android software.
8. Another Elephone A5 advantages is that the fingerprint scanner is positioned on the right edge. Compared to others which usually on the back the position on the edge looks better and it’s also pretty convenient. Yes you can set up to five fingers and it’s also fairly quick in responding and recognizing.
9. The important lists of sensors that the smartphone has are ambient light sensor, e-compass, gravity sensor, gyroscope, hall sensor, proximity sensor and accelerometer.
10. Next Elephone A5 pros is for the USB port which is a USB Type-C port. So it automatically supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The battery capacity of the smartphone is 4000 mAh. In today’s standard it’s a good capacity. Because anything more than that will make the battery larger and ultimately will make the smartphone heavy. With the 4000 mAh capacity you can expect to run more than a day if you are not an avid gamers.
12. In case if you are an extreme gamer then recharging the battery more than once is definitely required. But Elephone has taken care of that as it does support fast battery charging technology. From zero percent to hundred percent it takes about 1.5 hours with the supplied power adapter.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. Body material of the smartphone is part metal and part plastic. The metal gives the strength while the glass gives a very classy and premium looks.
14. And here comes the last advantage which is for the Face unlock feature. Just glance over the display and it will automatically unlock the smartphone without even touching the fingerprint scanner.
Reasons Not to Buy Elephone A5 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first Elephone A5 cons is for the absence of Corning Gorilla Glass for the protection of the massive display.
2. And second one is that it does not have NFC (Near Field Communication).
My Verdict: Despite couple of cons its stilla very good smatphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.