This article is about the Elephone ELE Band 5 Review with Pros and Cons.
The ELE Band 5 is the latest smartband from Elephone. It is a direct competitor to the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Smartband especially in terms of specifications and features. However in terms of price the ELE Band 5 is a lot cheaper. So the question is if it is really worth the price. Lets do the Elephone ELE Band 5 review with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Elephone ELE Band 5 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Elephone ELE Band 5 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The screen size of the device is of 0.96 inch. Its a TFT display like the many others. The one great thing about the screen is that it is a color display. Yes, you read that right, its a colored one. The quality is good with high brightness and contrast ratio.
2. Next is the chipset which is powered by Nordic 52832 CPU. As you won’t be installing or running any applications the smartband does not lags at all.
3. For health conscious users it comes with a continuous heart rate monitor. Means it will measure your heart rate continuously. By the way it is the cheapest smartband to come with heart rate sensor.
4. Another Elephone ELE Band 5 advantages is the step counter feature. It will thereby calculate your distance covered from your footsteps and also the amount of calories burnt in the process.
5. Apart from heart rate monitoring and step counter feature it also has the sleep monitoring feature.
6. When the device is paired with your smartphone it will remind your calls and SMS.
7. Here are the lists of notifications that you will receive from different applications. They are Facebook, WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, QQ, Skype and Twitter.
8. As it is an IP67 rated smartband it can water ingress up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
9. Another great feature of the Elephone ELE Band 5 is the auto light up technology. Means when you lift or turn over your hands the screen will automatically light up. Its a very cool feature for viewing in absolute darkness.
10. Under the hood the device is powered by a 90 mAh battery. It is enough to last at least 5 days with 10 days of standby time. However the 2 hours charging time for such a small battery is too long.
11. And the last pros is the weight which is extremely light. You won’t feel anything on your wrist, it just weights 25 grams.
Reasons Not to Buy Elephone ELE Band 5 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The one cons is the body material which is of plastic. Follow this link for metallic body.
My Verdict: Its really worth the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartband then follow this link.