This article is about the Elephone U Review with Pros and Cons.
These days many are familiar with Chinese brands like Elephone. Every now and then they come up with a smartphone that have very good specs and features. This time they have launched is the Elephone U which is priced around $300. Now the question is that is it worth the price. Well to know that lets do the Elephone U review with pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Elephone U advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Elephone U (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first reason to go with it is for the 5.99 inch full HD+ screen which has a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels. The best part is that it’s an AMOLED screen. It’s one of the very few Chinese smartphones to come with AMOLED. The maximum number of touch points is 10. By the way the design of the panel is curved along the sides.
2. Next advantages of Elephone U is that the processor comes with a powerful MTK6763T which is Helio P23 chipset. The clock speed of the octa-core CPU is 2.0 GHz which can run any powerful applications without any issues.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. Next up is the multitasking part. I am talking about the secondary memory which comes with an insane 6 GB. That’s more RAM than my MacBook Air. You will notice 4.1 GB of RAM left after first time boot.
4. Elephone has taken pretty serious for the gaming part. Unlike all their previous smartphones which have Mali T series GPU the Elephone U has ARM Mali-G71 MP2. It’s a very powerful one which can process any graphic intensive applications without any noticeable lags.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The secondary memory for storing files is of 128 GB. That’s a lot of memory for a smartphone as many flagships are still with 64 GB. And yes there is also a memory card slot to increase the secondary storage medium.
6. The rear camera comes with a combination of two sensors which has resolution of 13 MP and 13 MP. It’s a PDAF sensor. The front camera is of 8 megapixels. I can’t say for the front, but the quality of the rear is very good with good amount of brightness, saturation and contrast ratio.
7. Out of the box it comes pre loaded with the latest version of Android Nougat which is version 7.1 without any bloatwares.
8. There hosts a fingerprint sensor which is pretty quick in responding and also almost 100% accurate.
9. Here are the lists of all the important sensors. Gravity sensor, fingerprint sensor, hall sensor, gyroscope, e-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and accelerometer.
10. The type of the USB is USB Type-C reversible connector. That means it also supports USB OTG cable.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The capacity of the battery is 3620 mAh. That’s not a huge battery but it can definitely run throughout the day even for an avid user.
12. With the 15 watt power adapter it can do quick charging in just 90 minutes from zero percent to hundred percent.
13. Another great pros over other smartphones is that it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
14. The construction of the frame is metal and the back panel is of polycarbonate material which looks very glossy.
15. Chinese smartphones are getting every but of technology very quickly. This device has a Face ID for unlocking.
Reasons Not to Buy Elephone U (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first is the absence of a dedicated memory card slot. It has to use of the SIM card slot which makes it a single SIM smartphone.
2. And the second Elephone U cons or problems is that there is no NFC (Near Field Communication). Follow this link for Chinese smartphone with NFC.