This article is about the Geotel G1 Review with Pros and Cons.
There was a time when smartphones brands are competing in processor, RAM and display. Now its different as manufacturers are into the business of battery capacity. So likewise Geotel has launched a new smartphone which has a massive battery. Not only that it’s a rugged smartphone. The price at which at is being sold is pretty good. Now I have written this post to review the Geotel G1 with advantages and disadvantages.
Below are the lists of Geotel G1 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Geotel G1 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display is of 5 inch which is relatively smaller than most smartphones, but that is not something that users would buy this device. They are into the ruggedness and battery capacity of the smartphone. Anyway the resolution of the screen is 1280×720 pixels which gives the display a pixel density of 294 ppi (pixels per inch). The colors and brightness levels are decent. The contrast is also fine for a device of this price tag.
2. The engine is a 1.3 GHz MTK6580 chipset from Mediatek. It is a quad-core CPU. It is definitely not one of the best but does the job as a daily driver. Mid level games are playable without any heating issues or lagging problems.
3. For multitasking it has 2 GB of RAM, and out of that it has around 0.9 GB left after initial boot. The secondary memory is of 16 GB ROM which can be expanded up to 32 GB with a micro SD card.
4. The operating system comes with the latest version of Android Nougat. And yes it is a stock Android without any bloatwares or unnecessary apps that runs on the background.
5. The primary camera comes with a 8 megapixel sensor. Under low light conditions it’s not good as it produces some noise. However in good lightning conditions the quality is fine.
6. The lists of important sensors are ambient light sensor, gravity sensor and proximity sensor.
7. Another Geotel G1 advantages is that it comes with a humongous 7500 mAh battery capacity. It is insanely large which can lasts more than 3 days for normal user. It also an in-built ultra power saving mode. Geotel claims that it can provide a backup of 27 hour continuous talk, 32 hour music playback, 18 hour videos or 30 days standby time.
8. You can also use the smartphone as a power bank as it has reverse charging technology. Its possible through the standard USB port on the rear.
9. And the last advantages is the rugged body of the smartphone. The body is so thickened that it can withstand an explosion.
Reasons Not to Buy Geotel G1 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons is that there is no fast charging technology like quick charge or anything. A massive battery like this should really have quick charging as it takes more than 3 hours to fully charge from zero percent to hundred percent.
2. The 2 megapixel front camera is not acceptable. The quality is pretty bad both in low light and good lighting conditions.
3. And the last Geotel G1 cons or problems is that it does not support 4G networks. It only supports 2G and 3G networks.
My Verdict: If you can compromise the cons the it’s a good to go. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.