This article is about the Gionee Marathon M5 Issues and Problems.
Gionee a Chinese brand recently released the Marathon M5 which is the successor of the Marathon M4. The M5 is marketed to the consumers with its battery capacity tag which have an insane 6020 mAh. Other than the battery there isn’t much about to praise the M5. And because of that reason I have decided to talk about the Gionee Marathon M5 Problems and Issues.
Below I have listed the the Gionee Marathon M5 Issues and Problems:
1. The first Gionee Marathon M5 issue is the heating issue, when under average or moderate game play the heating can be experienced but manageable while under extreme gaming it heats like an oven. Seriously, this needs to be fixed with an update.
2. Another Gionee Marathon M5 issue is the low pixel density of the display which has a mere 267 ppi (pixels per inch). I understand that the low ppi is due to the increased display size but Gionee should have also increased the resolution on the other hand.
3. Yes, it can connect to external memory card or pen drives through a USB OTG cable but the HDMI cable and the MHL TV-Out does not support.
4. Next issue is the weight distribution of the M5 which is unbalanced, primarily because of the massive battery. Apart from that the phone feels very bulky due to its large display size and 213 grams weight.
5. Another Marathon M5 problem is the video quality of the camera which is very shaky when recording the videos hand handled and move around.
6. It does not have NFC. WHAAAAAT….? Yes, you read it right, it does not have NFC (Near Field communication).
7. And the last but not the least Gionee Marathon M5 issue is the full battery charging time which takes more than 7 hours to fully charge. Gionee should have embedded a fast charging technology to solve this problem, but they didn’t.
My Verdict: One word “OVERPRICED”. Better buy a different phone that removes the cons of Gionee Marathon M5, I have provided a far better alternative option in the link below.