This article is about the Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera Review with Pros and Cons.
The name indicates that it might be a drone but it ain’t. It is an action camera which is a direct competitor to major brands out there. The main selling point is the price tag which is pretty cheap when compared with the specifications and features. Now I have written this posts to discuss about the bad and good stuffs of the product. So without any further ado lets review the Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K action camera.
Below are the lists of Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first to go is with the 2 inch IPS display. Resolution is 320×240 pixels which is not a very high resolution, but keeping the screen size in mind it is justified. The best part about the display is that it is a touch screen.
2. Resolution of the camera sensor is 16 megapixels. The sensor is Ambarella A12S75 powered by SONY IMX117 chip. The diameter of the lens is 12 mm which has 170 FOV (field of view).
3. Now the main part about the video recording resolutions. It can record videos in five resolutions, 4K, 2.5K, 2.7K, 1080p and 720p.
4. And slow motion video can be recorded in 1080p at 120 fps (frames per second), 2.5K in 60 fps and 720p in 240 fps.
5. The maximum memory it can support is 128 GB SD card.
6. Another advantages of Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera is that the battery capacity is 1200 mAh which has a running time of 5 hours. Recharging time is 2.5 hours.
7. Plus the action camera can be recharged through any USB powered ports, I mean to say through PC or laptops, just like a smartphone.
8. It is not an IP rated one but with the waterproof case which comes with the box it can provide upto 20 meters when submerged underwater.
9. You don’t have to necessarily touch the screen for control as it has Wi-Fi. Simply speaking connect to your smartphone and controll wirelessly through an app.
10. And the last reson to buy is for the anti-shake feature which a lot of action camera ommits.
Reasons Not to Buy Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first is that the material of the body is not metallic, its a plastic body. But none the less it a decent quality.
2. Second Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K Action Camera cons is that its not a shock proof. Action camera tends to fall very easily from anywhere upon which the sensor might get damaged.
My Verdict: Despite the cons its a very good action camera especially for the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative action camera then follow this link.