This article is about the Homtom S9 Plus Review with Pros and Cons.
Homtom is expanding their product lineup by launching new smartphones one after another. Recently they have released the S9 Plus which on paper the specs and features looks pretty good. The current selling price of the smartphone is $180 and you can buy it from Gearbest. But before buying I would like to point out some of the pros and cons of the smartphone so that you can make a clear cut purchasing decision. So without any further ado lets review the Homtom S9 Plus with advantages and disadvantages along with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Homtom S9 Plus advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Homtom S9 Plus (Pros and Advantages):
1. A large part of the front panel is dominated by the 5.99 inch screen. The panel has a resolution of 1440×720 pixels which has a pixel density of 268 ppi (pixels per inch). Yes the resolution is lower than full HD and higher than HD. Now the main attraction of the smartphone is for the tri-bezelless diaplay. Means except to the bottom the screen has been extended to all the other three sides on the front panel. Colors and saturation are very even, the level of contrast and brightness is also high enough to comfortably view under direct sunlight. From the display point of view there ain’t any problems.
2. Now for processing the Homtom S9 Plus comes with a 1.5 GHz MTK6750T system-on-chip. Yes it is from Mediatek which is an octa-core processor. It can handle any intensive task without any issues like heating or lagging.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking it comes with 4 GB of RAM which has a maximum frequency of 833 MHz. When you turn-on the device for the first time it will have about 2.2 GB of RAM left out of the 4 GB.
4. For gaming the smartphone comes with ARM Mali-T860 MP2 GPU which clocks at 650 MHz as its highest frequency. The graphics is good without any noticeable lags or drop in frames even when graphic intensive games are played on it.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files and installing applications it comes with 64 GB as secondary memory. About 56 GB is left out of 64 GB as the rest is consumed by the operating system. Anyway you do have the option to increase the memory up to 128 GB.
6. The primary optics is a dua setup which is a combination of 16 megapixel sensor and 5 megapixel sensor. The former is the main camera which has a focal aperture of f/2.2 and the later is used producing bokeh effect. On the front the camera of Homtom S9 Plus comes with a 13 megapixel sensor which present on the bottom left. Quality wise both the primary and secondary camera produces decent images when the price of the smartphone is taken into account.
7. The operating system of the device is a 100% clean stock Android version of Nougat. It has no any bloatwares or unnecessary applications that runs on the background.
8. Just below the dislay on the front panel it has a fingerprint scanner. It is very responsive and does not have any recognition problems, plus it can recognize from all 360 degree angles. Now apart from just unlocking the smartphone it has additional features like you can use it to switch pictures, songs, etc. Means its multi-functional.
9. Other than the fingerprint sensor it has accelerometer, ambient light sensor, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor and proximity sensor.
10. Another advantages of Homtom S9 Plus is that it supports USB OTG cable for trasferring files through flash drives. By the way the type of USB port it has is micro USB 2.0 version.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Under the hood the battery comes with a capacity of 4050 mAh which is a non removable like the many. That capacity is quite large which is suffecient for a HD+ resolution display. Under normal usage it can go up to 2 days, gamers can expect to last a day.
12. However if you are a heavy gamer which needs recharging more than once then its got you covered. I mean to say it supports fast charging technology for the battery. Takes about 2 hours to reach 100% from 0%.
13. The body may not be metallic, but its nano-composite material is strong enough to deal with scratches and dents. And unlike metal which often does not have glossy looks this nano-composite body looks quite good.
Reasons Not to Buy Homtom S9 Plus (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons or issues is the shared slot of the micro SD card slot with the SIM card slot. Its either a single SIM smartphone with a memory slot or a dual SIM device without memory card slot.
2. And the second Homtom S9 Plus disadvantages or problems is that there is no USB Type-C reversible connector.
My Verdict: Despite a couple of cons its still a good smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.