This article is about the Huawei Honor 8 Pros and Cons Review.
Huawei has two flagship division, the Honor and the Mate. The Honor is on the upper edge for the kind of specs, features and price they have. They have stunned the smartphone world in 2014 when they have released the Honor 6. And currently their latest is the Honor 8 and without any surprise it also stunned the when it has been launched. But let me tell you that Honor 7 was a mess, so this comes to revive the market. Now without any further ado let’s about review the Huawei Honor 8 in details and of course with a couple of problems and issues if it has any.
Below are the lists of Huawei Honor 8 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Huawei Honor 8 (Pros and Advantages):
1. Huawei has lowered the screen size of the display to 5.2 inch from 5.5 inch. And I think 5.2 inch is better than 5.5 and 5 inch. It’s neither too large nor too small. It still have the 1920×1080 resolution which of course translates to a denser pixel density of 423 PPI because of smaller display compared to the 5.5 inches one.
2. The engine is still from the same brand which all their previous Honor devices are powered with. I talking about the processor which is of HiSilicon Kirin 950 CPU which has a clock speed of 2.3 GHz. And yes it is an octa-core chipset which performs very well with any kinds of heating issues or problems even using for a longer period of time.
3. The processor is a very good one but how much RAM it holds. Well it comes with 4 GB of RAM for multitasking and out of which it has about 2.3 GB left for the user on initial boot. There is also a lower variant which has 3 GB RAM.
4. The amount of internal memory that it comes with is 64 GB and of course like the RAM it has a lower variant too which has 32 GB internal memory. Actually the 32 GB memory is for the 3 GB RAM variant. If I were you I will go with the upper variant not because it has more internal memory but for the extra 1 GB RAM. There is a micro SD card slot which can expand the memory up to 256 GB.
5. What is in for gamers? Without any compromise it has the flagship Mali T880 MP4 GPU. No frame drops or lacks can be experienced, it’s performs the way the Afternoon 530 does.
6. The camera setup is a weird one or at least I used to say when some brands tried to offer one. It has got two camera sensors which is of 12 megapixel and a 8 megapixel. People might think it’s a gimmick and does nothing in terms of quality. Well it ain’t the case as with very clever algorithm optics manufacturer has managed to capture depth and accuracy of the subject image. But at the end of the day quality matters and boy it with the flagships like iPhone, Galaxy, Xperia, etc. The colors are quite accurate, contrast are good and saturation is also very good. It one of the best camera smartphone at this price tag. It can also record videos in slow motion at 120 fps in 720p resolution.
7. Yes it does have NFC (Near Field Communication) for instant file sharing or wireless payments.
8. The USB port is a Type-C reversible connector which is also the same port for charging as well. And yes USB OTG cable is also supported.
9. The fingerprint scanner is on the back which is very fast in responding and also dead accurate in recognizing. Apart from the fingerprint sensor it has accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, gyroscope, hall sensor and proximity sensor.
10. The overall weight is of only 153 grams and its not a surprise as it has timed down the screen size. Also the thickness 7.5 mm helped the device to be very light.
11. The battery capacity is of 3000 mAh which can powered up the device for a day. It does have the fast battery charging technology which can charge up to 47% in just 30 minutes with the Huawei’s Smart Power 4.0 technology.
12. And finally here is the last advantages which is the display protection from Corning Gorilla Glass.
Reasons Not to Buy Huawei Honor 8 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The one and the only downside or cons I found is the inability to record videos in 4K resolution. The maximum resolution that it can record is 1080p in 30 fps. Being a camera smartphone it should have record 4K videos, also the HiSilicon Kirin 950 has no problem in processing 4K resolution videos.
My Verdict: Best from Huawei till date. In case if you are looking to get it at a very low price then copy this coupon code “Huawei8” and follow this link to apply.