This article is about the iOutdoor X Review with Pros and Cons.
Every now and then a new smartphone brand emerges in China. This time its iOutdoor and their latest product name is X which is a rugged smartphone. Looking at the specs and features its looks pretty decent and is being sold at a very resonable price. So the question is how it performs in real life. Well, without any further ado lets review the iOutdoor X with pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of iOutdoor X advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy iOutdoor X (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of this rugged smartphone comes with a 5.7 inch panel which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. The display is large enough to have a screen-to-body ratio of 82%. NTSC color is at 95%. Overall the quality of the screen in terms of brightness, saturation, contrast ratio and hue are all pretty even.
2. The engine has been rocked with a 2.0 GHz processor which is the Helio P23 from Mediatek. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which can perform without any lagging issues and heating problems.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking the iOutdoor X comes with 6 GB of RAM as its primary memory. With that much amount of RAM you will have no issues in multitasking. Also when booted for the first time the device have around 3.9 GB left for running applications.
4. Next up is the graphics for gaming. It comes powered with Mali-G71 which is one of the best for mid range devices. You won’t notice any lags or drops in frames when playing graphic intensive applications at medium configurations.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. Another reason to buy is for the internal memory which has 128 GB. Yes you read that right, it has 128 GB of onboard memory. It has more than 120 GB left for the user for storing files and installing applications.
6. Resolution fo the primary camera sensor is 16 megapixel which has a focal aperture of f/1.8 and the resolution of the secondary camera is 8 megapixels. Both of them takes decent quality images in good light and low light as well.
7. Out of the box the smartphone comes with Android 8.1 which is the latest version of Oreo. There are no third-party applications or bloatwares as it is a 100% stock Android operating system.
8. There is a fingerprint sensor on the rear which is pretty fast and accurate in responding and recognizing respectively.
9. The important lists of sensors are gyroscope, compass, proximity, accelerometer and ambient light sensor.
10. Despite it does not have a USB Type-C reversible connector it still does support USB OTG cable.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The rated battery capacity is of 3400 mAh which is decent. With single charge you can run it for more than a day, and with power saving mode it can last up to a couple of days.
12. Yes it doe shave fast battery charging technology. Recharging takes 100 minutes from zero percent to hundred percent.
13. As the iOutdoor X is a rugged smartphone the screen has been protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which is the lattest version of Gorilla Glass.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
14. The smartphone is IP68 rated means its a 100% waterproof device. All the channels like earpiece, USB port, card slot and camera has been sealed perfectly.
15. The material of the device is Aluminium alloy on the frame and premium plastic on the back panel.
16. Yes, the iOutdoor X does comes with Face ID recognizing feature which lets you unlock the smartphone with just looking over the screen.
17. And here comes the last one which is about the NFC (near field communication) feature. Means you can pay instantly over NFC for bus tickets, train tickets, etc.
Reasons Not to Buy iOutdoor X (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The only cons I found is that the resolution of the screen is not a full HD. Its just an HD+ screen. For a 2K resolution display rugged smartphone follow this link.
My Verdict: Other than the low resolution display its a very good rugged smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.