This article is about the KOOLNEE K1 Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently a new brand is entering into the smartphone business in China. The name of the company is KOOLNEE and the smartphone they have launched and released is K1. By looking at the specs sheet its a decent smartphone. The price is alos good which is like any other reputed Chinese smartphone. Anyway I have written this post to talk about the KOOLNEE K1 review with pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of KOOLNEE K1 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy KOOLNEE K1 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The main selling point of the smartphone is the extremely wide 6.01 inch display. It comes with a full HD+ screen which has a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels. The glass over the display is a 4D curved panel which seamlessly entails through the edges of the unibody. Watching videos, browsing the web or playing games is a great experience for it has a very nice aspect ratio of 18:9 which is pretty wide.
2. Next is the processor which comes with a 1.5 GHz processor from Mediatek. The exact model name of the processor is MTK6750T which is an octa-core CPU. It runs without any lags or heating problems. Everything opens and closes very fast.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking the KOOLNEE K1 has 4 GB of RAM. When the device is booted for the first time it as about 2.1 GB left for running your desired applications.
4. Now many will also buy for the gaming experience, and the company has taken well care of the device. It comes with Mali T860 GPU which can handle any graphic intensive applications. You will not notice any drop in frames speed.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. Internally it comes with 64 GB of memory as secondary storage medium. Out of 64 GB it has about 56 GB left for the user. And yes it also have an expandable memory card slot which supports up to 128 GB.
6. The camera on the rear is a comination of two sensor. Means its a dual camera setup which has 16 megapixel autofocus sensr as the main shooter and 2 megapixel for bokeh effect. The front camera comes with 8 megapixel which is a fixed focus sensor. Now talking about the quality both the camera produces decent quality images with good contrast, brightness, saturation and colors.
7. Another KOOLNEE K1 is the operating system which comes pre-isntalled with the latest version of Android 7.0 Nougat. The compnay will provide security updates and fixes, however they will not upgrade it to Android Oreo.
8. On the rear just below the camera it has a fingerprint sensor which is relatively quick in responding compared to other Chinese smartphones.
9. Apart from fingerprint scanner it has accelerometer, gyroscope, gravity sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor and e-compass.
10. Yes the KOOLNEE K1 supports USB OTG cable through the standard micro USB 2.0 port.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The battery comes with a 3190 mAh capacity. For a normal user it does the job as it can easily last throughout the day.
12. And the last is the construciton which is of metal frame all along the sides and edges and polycarbonate material on the back which is a glossy one. It come in three colors, viz. champagne gold, ocean blue and knight black.
Reasons Not to Buy KOOLNEE K1 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons is that it does not have fast charging technology. I am asking because charging the 3190 mAh battery takes about 3 hours to fully charge from zero percent to hundred percent.
2. And the second KOOLNEE K1 issues or cons is that the display does not have protection from Corning Gorilla Glass. Follow this link for a good Chinese smartphone which has Corning Gorilla Glass.
My Verdict: Despite a couple of cons its still a good valued smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.