This article is about the LEAGOO KIICAA MIX Review with Pros and Cons.
After Xiaomi launched the Mi Mix last year the race for the edge-to-edge screen is on, especially from Chinese brands. As of this moment there are already dozens of ultra wide display smartphones, some are expensive and some are cheap with compromise here and there. Today I am going to talk about a new device which is not only cheap but also good. So as usual lets review the LEAGOO KIICAA MIX with pros and cons also with some problems and issues down the road.
Below are the lists of LEAGOO KIICAA MIX advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy LEAGOO KIICAA MIX (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first is noticeably the all-screen design of the 5.5 inch display. Its so wide that the screen-to-body ratio is more than 90%. The display is manufactured by SHARP which has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels making it a full HD panel. The pixel density of the screen is 401 ppi (pixels per inch). The viewing angles is great which extends up to a maximum of 178 degrees without any major shift in quality. Contrast ratio is 1:1300 and the maximum brightness levels is 500 nits. Saturation and color reproduction are also pretty great.
2. Next advantages of LEAGOO KIICAA MIX is the 1.5 GHz MTK6750T chipset which is of Mediatek. Its is definitely not the best chipset around but for the price tag its fine. It is an octa-core processor which does performs without any noticeable lags or issues even under prolonged use. You will also not experience any heating problems what so ever. The battery power consumption is also low compared to other chipsets.
3. For multitasking it comes with 3 GB of RAM which is from Samsung. Initial boot leaves the primary memory of about 1.4 GB. The secondary memory is of 32 GB which leaves about 26.4 GB for installing applications and storing files.
4. On the rear the camera setup is dual one. Its 13 megapixel as the main one and the other is 2 megapixel which primary objective is for better performance in low light conditions and better dynamic range. The focal aperture of the 13 megapixel sensor is f/2.0 which is reasonably wide for low light performance. On the front it has a 13 megapixel sensor for taking selfies. In low light its not good, but in outdoors its very good.
5. Some of you want to take the advantage of the ultra wide display for playing games, and Leagoo has taken care of. The graphics is powered by Mali-T860 GPU which has the ability to handle any graphic intensive applications without any problems or issues.
6. Another LEAGOO KIICAA MIX pros is the operating system which comes with Android Nougat out of the box. It is a 100% clean stock Android operating system without any third-party user interface, bloatwares or unnecessary applications. Also every now and then Leagoo pushes software updates in terms of security fixes and features.
7. It has a compass for turn-by-turn navigation with maps, gravity sensor, proximity sensor and accelerometer.
8. The 3000 mAh battery capacity is fine for a normal user as it can drive the device more than a day. However avid gamers will need to recharge in between, and there is no problem as it comes with a fast charging feature. The quick charging happens through the 5V/2A supplied adapter.
9. For wired data transfer and charging it has a USB type-C reversible connector. USB OTG cable is also supported thorough the type-c port.
10. Another advantages of LEAGOO KIICAA MIX is the fingerprint scanner. It is very quick in responding and also pretty accurate. You can register up to a maximum of five fingers. Its a front-mounted scanner, I wish it to be on the rear, it is much comfortable to unlock as the index finger automatically rest on the back.
11. And the last is the display protection which is of Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The design of the glass is also a smooth 2.5D curved one which feels quite elegant while holding in the hands.
Reasons Not to Buy LEAGOO KIICAA MIX (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons or demerits is the memory card slot, it is not a dedicated one. Means one of the SIM card slot has to be compromised for the micro SD card. It defeats the purpose of dual SIM smartphone.
2. The navigational touch buttons are not dedicated, they are placed on the screen itself. It has lots of unused space below the screen.
3. And the last LEAGOO KIICAA MIX cons or issues is that there is no 3.5 mm earphone jack. You will have to use the port for lose-less digital audio output with an adapter that converts from USB Type-C to 3.5 mm port.
My Verdict: If you can compromise the cons, you should go for it. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
So, that’s all about the review of Leagoo Kiicaa Mix. If you believe I have missed out something then don’t forget to comment below. I will be happy to add to the post.