This article is about the Leagoo T5 Pros and Cons Review.
More and more brands are into the smartphone business especially from China. Today I am going to review the Leagoo T5 which has been launched recently in China this very month. Specs wise it’s a decent smartphone but the price makes all the difference in the market. So without any further ado let’s talk about the product in details.
Below are the lists of Leagoo T5 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Leagoo T5 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The front panel has been dominated by a large 5.5 inch screen. Yes it’s is a full HD display which has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The overall quality of the screen is quite good for it has 1500:1 as the contrast ratio, 97% NTSC color saturation and decent amount of brightness to view under direct sunlight. The manufacturer of the display is SHARP.
2. The chipset for processing is powered by a 1.5 GHz CPU from Mediatek. It is an octa-core processor which have no heating issues or problems even using for a long period of time. Graphic intensive games and apps do run pretty well without any noticeable lags or problems.
3. Next is the amount of RAM that it has. Technically it has 4 GB of RAM for multitasking which is the highest you can possibly get for a smartphone of this price tag. For the user it has around 2.1 GB left after first time boot.
4. For installing apps, games and storing files it has 56 GB out of 64 GB. Not only that you do have the option to increase the memory up to 128 GB with the help of a microSD card as there is a slot for that.
5. The software, I mean the operating system runs on the latest version of Android Nougat. It is free from bloatwares and unnecessary apps that runs on the background. It is a clean stock Android software. The company pushes software updates every now and then in terms of security.
6. Camera is another interesting reason for consideration. It has a dual camera setup on the rear. One is a 13 megapixel and the other is a 5 megapixel. Yes it is a PDAF sensor. Overall the quality seems to be quite good. The resolution of the secondary camera is 5 megapixel which has a fixed focus. On both sides it has a LED flash.
7. Just below the screen it has a fingerprint scanner. The recognition speed is not more than 0.3 seconds. Apart from just unlocking the device it has four more functions. One tap will take you home, long tap will show recently opened applications, etc.
8. With the 3000 mAh battery capacity it can keep the device powered on for more than a day under normal usage. There is also a battery power saving mode, which will even save more power.
9. It is a dual SIM device which supports 4G VoLTE with both the slots. However do keep in mind that it works only one at a time.
Reasons Not to Buy Leagoo T5 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons is that it does not support USB OTG cable. I am asking because many brands has provided it.
2. Next problems or demerits is for the absence of LED notification light. A single color LED would also have been possible for the company to provide.
3. There is no gyroscope which limits the ability to use the device for augmented reality games. If you are not much of a gamer then gyroscope is not necessary.
4. And the last Leagoo T5 issues or cons is that the memory card slot is not a dedicated one. It uses up one of the SIM card slot.
My Verdict: Despite the four above mentioned cons it’s still a very good smartphone for the given price tag. However if in case you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.