This article is about the LeTv Le 1S Problems, Issues and Cons.
The LeTv Le 1S was announced last year in China and it is released in India in February 2016. It is the first time that the company LeTv (now it is re-branded to LeEco) has entered India, and they did with a bang. I mean it shook the whole budget smartphone market. First it has specs and features like that of a high end flagship and above that it has a price tag of a budget like smartphone. Some of the mind blowing specs and features are fingerprint sensor, insanely fast 2.2 Helio X10 Turbo chipset, 4K recording with primary camera, slow motion feature, 5.5 inch full HD screen, 32 GB internal storage, USB Type-C, fast charging, full metallic body and the lists goes on and on. But I have written this post not to talk about the benefits but to discuss about the LeTv Le 1S Problems and Issues (Cons).
Below are the lists of 7 LeTv Le 1S Problems, Cons and Issues:
1. First issues is the heating problems which is not kind of insane overheating issues but fells very warm, I mean warmer than most smartphones. The heat is experienced only under gaming which are graphic intensive. It heats within the first 5 to 10 minutes of game-play. I wonder what would be the effect of this heating problems in summer. I believe its probably due to the metal body as it conducts heat better and faster than a plastic body.
2. Next is actually not a problem but cons as it is installed with unnecessary apps or bloatwares which consumes the internal memory. There aren’t too much, but there are. If you want to remove those bloatware apps then you will need to root, OK now this is a problem because the warranty support from the manufacturer will be terminated if you root the device.
3. Third cons is that the camera quality is not up to the mark for a 13 megapixel sensor in low light condition when if you directly compare with other smartphones which are at the same price tag.
4. Another LeTv Le 1S problems or cons what you call is the absence of screen protection, I am here talking about the Gorilla Glass thing. Why LeTv? Why? Why No Gorilla Glass?
5. Next LeTv Le 1S issues or problems is from the radiation department, the SAR Values which is quite high at 1.18 W/Kg. And above that the company has not revealed different values for head and body which usually all other companies do.
6. Taking selfies in low light condition or in absolute darkness is a huge problem as it does not have a LED flash light for the front camera.
7. And the last LeTv Le 1S Problems or Issues is the absence of an external microSD card.
My Verdict: Despite the problems, its still a very good smartphone at the given price tag. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone follow the link below. Kindly do note that the alternative smartphone is a bit on the expensive side but very powerful.