This article is about the Lenovo Ideapad Air 13 Pro Laptop Review with Advantages and Disadvantages.
Lenovo the computer market leader is also getting into the air business like the rest. I am referring to the slim laptops that recently the company has released. Its called the Ideapad Air 13 Pro. First its not cheap specs and in price too. Well lets do the review of Lenovo Ideapad Air 13 Pro with pros and cons along with some problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Lenovo Ideapad Air 13 Pro Notebook pros and cons which can be also considered as advantages and disadvantages.
Reasons to Buy Lenovo Ideapad Air 13 Pro Notebook (Advantages and Pros):
1. The first noticeable pros is the 13.3 display which is a full HD with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. Its extremely vibrant with great color reproduction and contrast levels. The aspect ratio is 16:9.
2. Despite a small laptop it has a very powerful engine. Its has a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 6500 dual core processor. Under Intel Turbo Boost Technology it can clock up to 3.1 GHz. The processor draws only 15 watt of power from the battery. The i7 is the top model, and a downgraded Core i5 6200U is also available with a lesser price.
3. The top variant with Core i7 has 8 GB of LPDDR4 RAM. However the lower variant with Core i5 has 4 GB.
4. For gaming and other graphics related stuffs it comes with 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce 940M GPU. Performance wise it runs games and applications without any drop in frames or lags whatsoever.
5. Internally the laptop comes with 512 GB of SSD (solid state drive) which is for the i7 Processor. The i5 has 256 GB as the internal memory.
7. The device comes pre-installed with Windows 10 as the operating system.
8. Apart from one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 it has a USB Type-C connector for faster data transfer between different compatible hardware.
9. The battery capacity can give a back up of 40 Whrs (watt hours) which in terms of general time would about 6 to 7 hours. Recharging takes about 3 hours with the 2.37A supplied adapter.
10. For extra security there is a fingerprint scanner for identification. The sensor is fairly quick in responding and recognizing.
11. And the last is that the laptop is ultra portable with an overall weight of 1.29 Kg.
Reasons Not to Buy Lenovo Ideapad Air 13 Pro Laptop (Disadvantages, Downsides, Issues, Cons, Problems, Demerits):
1. The first cons is that there is no HDMI port for connecting to HD TV. Sure there is a solution through USB Type-C, but getting all sorts of cables and connecting to the TV will look real messy at the end. However one must remember that to get the title “Air” the compromise of HDMI port is a must. Its nearly impossible to fit in there.
2. Another is that there if in future you want to increase the internal memory then its impossible. There are no extra slots for fitting SSD.
3. And the last is that just for a slim factor its a bit expensive even if it comes with great specs.
My Verdict: Good in specs, decent in price. In case if you are looking for a better alternative slim laptop then follow the link below.