This article is about the Lenovo K8 Note Pros and Cons Review.
Finally we got the kind of specs what Xiaomi has been providing outside India. I am referring to the Mediatek processor as they are not allowed to sell in the country. However kindly note that the ban has been applied only to Xiaomi devices. But again there is no one to provide a well packed smartphone for a decent price, until now from Lenovo. So without any delay lets review the Lenovo K8 Note with pros and cons. I have also provided an alternative smartphone if in ace your mind changes after knowing the cons or demerits.
Below are the lists of Lenovo K8 Note advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Lenovo K8 Note (Pros and Advantages):
1. First is the vibrant 5.5 inch display which has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. Means it is a full HD screen which holds a pixel density of 401 ppi (pixels per inch). The screen to body ratio of the smartphone is 71.1%. Colors do pop very well and so does the saturation and contrast levels.
2. Next is the most important one which is the processor. It is powered by a 2.3 GHz Helio X23 chipset from Mediatek. Yes, it is a deca-core processor and it is the first to officially launch in the country. In terms of performance it is insanely powerful which does handles any intensive job and that too without any heating problems or issues. Right now in the market this is the best processor you can get in a smartphone of this price tag. The Antutu benchmarks of Lenovo K8 Note is 95,193 and I would say, its a the score of a beast.
3. For multitasking the Lenovo K8 Note comes in two variants, the 4 GB RAM and 3 GB RAM. When booted for the first time it will have 1.9 GB and 1.4 GB for 4 GB and 3 GB variant respectively. My suggestion is to go with the higher one as the price difference is only thousand rupees.
4. Consumers who buy Lenovo smartphones don’t buy just for making calls and surfing internet. Their primary intention is for gaming and boy it is powered by Mali-T880 MP4 which can be considered as the flagship of GPU from Mediatek. It can handle any graphic intensive games without any issues, lags or heating. Nenamark benchmarks score is 59.4 fps (frames per second).
5. Like the RAM it comes in two variants in terms of internal memory, 64 GB and 32 GB. The 64 has around 57 GB and the 32 GB has around 26 GB left for the user. If you what to increase the memory you can bump up to 128 GB with a micro SD card. And yes the memory card slot is a dedicated one, means no slot sharing with SIM card.
6. Another Lenovo K8 Note pros is the dual camera setup of 13 megapixel and 5 megapixel. Right now in the market this is the cheapest dual setup camera smartphone. It is a phase detection autofocus sensor and the focal aperture is f/1.7 which is extremely wide. It helps in better performance in low light conditions. The secondary camera has a 13 megapixel sensor with f/2.0 as the focal aperture. On both the rear and front there is a LED flash, rear is a dual tone one.
7. Software comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1 which has is the latest one. The company has ditched the Vibe UI and now it is completely on stock Android. There are no bloatwares, no third-party applications, etc. Lenovo has always been consistent in software upgrades and updates. I can assure you that it will receive future Android versions.
8. Dolby Atmos audio enhancement is another reason you buy for. It is not expressible in words, you can only know when you listen. There is a vast difference in the quality of sound which is of very high quality compared to regular ones. Kindly note that the enhancement is supported through the 3.5 mm earphone jack.
9. Another advantages of Lenovo K8 Note is that it supports USB OTG cable, HDMI and MHL cable as well for file transfer and connecting to TV respectively.
10. The battery is of 4000 mAh which is can last more than a day for regular users. For an avid user it will still provide a day of battery life. But for extreme games it is fast charging technology which can charge the battery in under just 120 minutes.
11. The fingerprint scanner on the rear is quite fast, takes less than 0.3 seconds to unlock the phone. In terms of recognizing it is also pretty accurate.
12. Other important sensors includes accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor and compass for turn by turn navigation with maps.
13. For the protection of the display it comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which is a 2.5D glass. It has an oleophobic coating on the panel and hence it is also a splash resistant.
14. The body material of the K8 Note is entirely made out of metallic body. It is a very premium aluminium material.
15. And finally the last is that it comes with a dedicated navigational touch buttons. I really appreciate Lenovo for putting the navigation buttons outside the screen.
Reasons Not to Buy Lenovo K8 Note (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. Despite the processor has the ability to handle and process 4K videos the primary camera cannot record videos is in 4K resolution. This is a huge disadvantages of the phone.
2. Another cons of Lenovo K8 Note is that there is no slow motion video recording as well. I don’t know why Lenovo is not putting these.
3. No doubt it supports USB OTG cable but it also missed the USB Type-C reversible connector which is another problems.
4. NFC (Near Field Communication) is absent. So now no wonder why it is cheaper than Moto G5 Plus. This is not good, not putting some features and then decreasing the price is not good. There are consumers who want a fully loaded features, at least for what their money can buy.
5. And the last Lenovo K8 Note cons or issues is the absence of infrared sensor for IR blaster. IR sensor is important for wireless control of TV, AC, etc.
My Verdict: If you can handle the cons, then it is still a a very good smartphone. But in case if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
That’s all about the pros and cons of Lenovo K8 Note.