This article is about the Lenovo P2 Pros and Cons Review.
The original Vibe P1 was a grand success. Now after a year long time the company has decided to release a successor. No award for guessing the name, its called P2. It has improved in a lot of departments. So lets reviewing the Lenovo P2 along with some pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Lenovo P2 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Lenovo P2 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The front panel hosts a large 5.5 inch full HD Super AMOLED screen which a pixel density of 401 ppi (pixels per inch) for the 1920×1080 pixels resolution. Super AMOLED has better viewing angles and also consumes lower battery. Individual pixels are not visible at all which is very good for media consumption through VR (virtual reality) headsets. Also the display is very bright which is perfectly visible outdoors.
2. The engine is rocked with a very new chipset which is the Snapdragon 625 CPU. Yes its an octa-core chipset which has a clock-speed of 2.0 GHz at max. Its a very powerful CPU with no any over heating problems or lagging issues. Its runs very smoothly.
3. For multitasking it comes with 4 GB of RAM. It also has the 3 GB RAM variant with the exact same processor at a little lower price.
4. The Adreno 506 GPU takes care of the graphics for gaming. There are no frame drops even under graphic intensive games like Asphalt 8: Airborne at the maximum settings.
5. Like there are two variants in the RAM department, there are two variants in the internal memory category. The 4 GB RAM model has 64 GB while the 3 GB RAM model has 32 GB. Yes both the variant’s memory can be expanded up128 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
6. The predecessor Vibe P1 was great at camera at its own price range compared to counterparts. What about this one? Well both the primary 13 MP sensor and the secondary 5 MP sensor didn’t disappoint at all. Both under natural and artificial lightning the camera performs very well. Color accuracy, contrast and saturation are very good.
7. Currently the operating system of the Lenovo P2 runs on Android Marshmallow. Yes the smartphone will receive future softwares updates for Android Nougat 7.0 upgrade through OTA.
8. There is a fingerprint scanner below the screen on the front panel. In terms of speed its probably one for the fastest around in the market. There is no any problems in recognizing.
9. Another Lenovo P2 advantages is that it comes with many sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and compass.
10. And yes the device does supports USB OTG cable as a medium for transferring and viewing contents from a smartphone.
11. Now the primary selling point of the smartphone is for the battery that it holds. It comes with a very very large 5110 mAh battery capacity. It has the ability to power up the device up to 3 days for normal user who under battery saving mode. Avid user can easily expect more than a day. A dedicated power saving key is present on the left edge below the SIM card tray.
12. Now as the battery is damn huge, does it has a fast battery charging technology like quick charge or anything. Well it does comes with a quick charging feature which charges the device in under just 80 minutes from 0% to 100%.
13. Another is that it supports VoLTE for making voice calls over 4G LTE networks. Means it does supports Reliance Jio 4G SIM cards.
14. And the last pros is the protection on the display which it comes with a 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Its the gold standard for screen protection.
Reasons Not to Buy Lenovo P2 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons or problems is with the type of USB connector. Means it does not have a USB Type-C reversible connector. It comes with a regular micro USB. The difference can be experienced when transferring files from a computer. The Type-C is ridiculously faster than the micro USB and it should have come with the device when others are providing even at a low cost.
2. Another Lenovo P2 cons or disadvantages is the inability to record videos in 4K resolution with the primary camera. Snapdragon 625 is a very powerful chipset and it can easily handle and process 4K resolution videos. On other devices camera 4K is supported even at a lower price tag smartphones.
3. This cons is about the video stabilization which it neither have OIS (optical image stabilization) nor EIS (electronic image stabilization). No doubt the auto focusing speed, color representation and clarity are all good but the lack of an image stabilization is a real deal breaker. If you are a person who records videos quite often through smartphones then I suggest you to choose a different smartphone. But from the still image point of view it has a very good camera.
4. And the last problems or issues is for the absence of an infrared sensor. The IR sensor would have been useful for controlling wireless devices like TV, AC, etc.
My Verdict: A good smartphone with very powerful specs. But in case if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
So that’s all about the Lenovo P2 Review. In case if you have any queries then don’t hesitate to ask. I will try my best to answer.