This post is about the Lenovo Vibe S1 Issues and Problems which has been released in November 2015.
Like any other smartphone the Lenovo Vibe S1 also has some problems and issues. I am not saying that it has only issues, but it has some good stuffs too like the very high quality 13 megapixel sensor, full HD display with a pixel density of 441 ppi, 3GB of RAM, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1.7 Octacore MediaTek Chipset, 32 GB internal memory and many more. It is important to note that some of the issues down below are not really issues but cons which are not actually Lenovo Vibe S1 problems.
Below are the lists of Lenovo Vibe S1 Issues and Problems:
1. The first Lenovo Vibe S1 issue is the battery which drains so fast that you will probably think that you forgot to charge the previous night. For a Full HD display Lenovo should have at least embedded a 3000 mAh. I wonder if Lenovo would fix this battery drain issues, I guess it can be fixed with an update.
2. Another Lenovo Vibe S1 Problem is the cable support issue. Now don’t get me wrong, it does support USB OTG and work fine but it cannot be connected to television using HDMI or MHL-Out cables which suck for the given price tag.
3. Next problem is the Lenovo Vibe S1 heating issues which heats a above many average smartphones when extreme high end games are played for only 10 to 15 minutes. I personally didn’t thought that Mediatek powered devices heat that high when compared with a Snapdragon. Cooling apps has been used but no luck, the only way to solve the heating issue is by quitting the app. Moreover it heats when you use the device while charging.
4. The video quality of the primary 13 megapixel camera is absolutely fine when it is mounted on a fixed location, however if you record videos hand handled the videos looks very shaky. I understand its hard to embed an image stabilization feature for the given price tag, but Lenovo could at least do what many other brands are achieving.
5. No infrared sensor for IR Blaster which it could have been used as a remote control.
6. As the battery capacity is horrible it should have a fast charging technology to match up the issues, but Lenovo did not embed this feature for a higher margin of profits.
7. Does the Lenovo Vibe S1 have lagging or hanging issues? To be precise it does not lag under normal usage but it lags a little when you overclock by playing extreme high end games and heat the device simultaneously.
8. Another Lenovo Vibe S1 issue or problem is that it does not have a NFC.
9. And the last Vibe S1 issue is the bloatware problem which consumes the RAM unnecessarily.
My Verdict: To me the most important is the battery draining issue and for that I would like to recommend a better alternative smartphone which is in the link below.