This article is about the newly launched Lenovo Z2 Plus Pros and Cons Review.
Why many smartphones are always released very lately in India. It has been for a while in the international markets. From the hardware point of view its a beast but if you dig more info you will start to find flaws. So lets talk review the Lenovo Z2 Plus advantages and disadvantages.
Below are the lists of Lenovo Z2 Plus Advantages and Disadvantages (Pros and Cons)
Note: It is also known as Lenovo Zuk Z2. In India the name has been de-branded.
Disadvantages of Lenovo Z2 Plus (Pros, Merits and Goods):
1. First is the 2.15 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor.
2. Second is the Adreno 530 GPU for gaming performance.
3. RAM has 4 GB and its a DDR4.
4. Another advantages or pros is that it comes with 64 GB of internal memory.
5. VoLTE is supported and so the Reliance Jio 4G internet service as well.
6. The 13 camera sensor can record videos in 4K resolution.
7. Clean Android Marshmallow v6.0.1 and on top of that a simple ZUI 2.0 user interface is stuffed.
8. The fingerprint scanner takes less than 0.2 seconds to unlock which is quite fast. Also it can unlock the device with wet fingers too.
9. Next Lenovo Z2 Plus advantages or pros is that the home button is a U-Touch 2.0 which has seven different functions for navigation.
10. The smartphone acts as a fitness tracker with its inbuilt U-Health app.
11. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is present for the protection of its display.
12. USB Type-C reversible connector is present for charging and data syncing.
13. Another Lenovo Z2 Plus advantages is that USB OTG cable is also supported.
14. It comes with a massive 3500 mAh battery that can provide juice for more than a day.
15. For fast charging the battery Quick Charge 3.0 is present which can charge the device up to 83% in just 30 minutes.
16. All the essential sensors are present. They are gyroscope, eCompass (magnetometer), accelerometer, ambient light sensor (for adaptive brightness), hall sensor (proximity sensor) and distance sensor (pedometer).
17. The body has metal on its edges and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-oil and anti-fingerprint magnet coating on the front and back panel.
Disadvantages of Lenovo Z2 Plus (Cons, Negatives or Drawbacks):
1. For media consumption like watching videos and playing games the 5 inch screen is relatively small compared to a regular 5.5 inch.
2. Next disadvantages is that instead of full HD screen it should have come with a 2K display and I am asking for it as there are smartphones which have a 2K screen at almost the same price tag.
3. If you are going with the 32 GB variant its a huge compromise in space as it does not have a memory card slot for microSD.
4. Another Lenovo Z2 Plus disadvantages is that at 8.5 mm thickness for a small phone it looks and feels very bulky.
5. The navigational touch buttons are all placed on the screen itself. Only the home button is placed below the display.
6. Because of the larger f/2.2 focal aperture both the primary camera and secondary camera quality is poor in low light conditions which is a huge disappointment.
7. Next disadvantages or demerits is that the EIS (electronic image stabilization) for the camera does not help at all. It should really have a dedicated OIS (optical image stabilization) feature.
8. For wireless control with IR blaster is not possible because of the absence of an infrared sensor.
9. And finally the last but not the least Lenovo Z2 Plus disadvantages or cons is that there is no NFC (near field communication).
My Verdict: Nothing special to impress other than the Snapdragon 820 chipset and 4GB of RAM. In case if you are looking for a far better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.