On YouTube except the videos which are viral, many in fact all videos which have more than million views were edited before sharing it online.
You have just completed your video shoot and didn’t want to upload it without editing, but the problem is which editing software you should use to do it, because different software has different capabilities in making look videos great, some are free and some are real expensive. So fear not, I will share what are the best applications for editing videos that you can use.
Below are the lists of video editing software for Windows, Mac and Linux
1) Light Works (Windows/Mac/Linux) : Many of the Hollywood blockbusters have used this software for editing their movies, like “The King’s Speech. Hugo, The Departed, Mission Impossible, Pulp Fiction, Braveheart, Batman and The Wolf of Wall Street”. One have even won Oscar, The Kings Speech. It is free to download and use, but for additional premium features you will need to pay a little extra. The software is a professional non-linear editing system that supports all major formats, including 2K and 4K resolutions.
2) Windows Movie Maker (Windows) : Windows Movie Maker which was code named Sundane, previously known as Windows Live Movie Maker is a completely freeware video editing software developed by Microsoft in September 2000. The layout of the software is like a storyboard view. The design is pretty basic and easy to understand for a layman. The effects and transitions are limited to a small extent. At present this is the best free video editing software for windows that comes bundled.
3) iMovie (Mac) : I personally use this software for editing videos which I uploads to YouTube. If you are a Max OS X user then you have this software installed in your computer (Mac). The software is a bit advanced when compared with the Windows Movie Maker. At present this is the best free video editing software for Mac.
4) Avidemux (Windows/Mac/Linux/BSD) : Avidemux is not only free to download and use but also an open-source video editing software for all the major platforms from PC to BSD. It is designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports all the major video formats from AVI to ASF.
5) Kdenlive (Mac/BSD/Linux) : It is a non-linear video editor which is quite intuitive and powerful for multi-track editing. The best part of this software is that it is free to download and use and it is an open-source. The software does not only provide cutting, trimming and encoding tasks but also allows users to edit the videos with colorful effects and transitions.
6) Blender (Windows/Mac/Linux/BSD) : First I want to tell you that it is very very powerful and it is not for simply editing videos. It is a free and open-source professional 3D computer graphics software which can be used for creating animated films, 3D model, visual effects, art, video games and more. I have seen that many have created fully length animated films. It can also be used for realtime graphics, rendering and cartoons, cycles tests etc. The learning curve of using and creating cool stuff with this software is quite large due to its complexity. It is recommended for creators you have the experience of using a professional like software.
7) Shotcut (Windows/Mac/Linux) : It is also another free and open-source cross-platform video editing application for all the major three platforms. With this you can open files by drag and drop
8) Freemake Video Converter (Windows) : The software can be used to convert video formats, rip video DVDs, music visualizations and more. It can also burn video to DVD or Blu-ray Discs or upload them directly to YouTube. It can perform simple non-linear editing tasks, like rotating, flipping, joining videos and also convert videos along with subtitles. The software is a fermium, which end users will be charged if they want more advanced features. It is really a good video editing software.
9) AviSynth (Windows) : It is a very powerful software for post production, but the main drawback for a layman user is that it is a scripting video editing software. Which means, there is no GUI (Graphical User Interface). It works as a frame server.
So those are the lists of 9 best free video editing software that I have shared with you all. If you have used or seen any other, kindly do share with us in the comment section below.