This article is about the MAZE Alpha X Review with Pros and Cons.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer MAZE has launched and released a new smartphone at a very good price. It is called Alpha X which has a very good processor, RAM and most importantly the display. However there are some cons which is worth knowing before buying. So that’s why I have written this article to talk about those. Anyway lets review the MAZE Alpha X with pros and cons along with problems and issues as well.
Below are the lists of MAZE Alpha X advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy MAZE Alpha X (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display is relatively larger than most smartphones for it comes with a 6 inch panel which has a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels. Now the main selling point of the smartphone is for the 18:9 full vision panel which has an edge to edge display. The screen is manufactured by LG which has a pixel density of 403 ppi (pixels per inch). Its is bright enough to view under direct sunlight without any issues. The contrast ratio is good, colors and saturation as well. The screen-to-body ratio of the display is 89.6%.
2. Under the hood it comes with a 2.5 GHz Helio P25 MTK6757 chipset from Mediatek. Its is an octa-core processor which has the ability to handle any tasks without any heating problems or lagging issues. Apps do open, runs and closes very fast.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. The primary memory comes with 6 GB RAM. Out of that it has about 4.1 GB left when booted for the first time.
4. For gaming the MAZE Alpha X comes with Mali T880 GPU which is the flagship GPU from Mediatek. Graphic intensive games runs pretty smoothly without any noticeable drop in frames or lags.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The internal memory comes with 64 GB as ROM. The amount of memory it has left for the user is about 56 GB. It also has a memory card slot which supports up to 256 GB.
6. The primary optics comes with a 13 megapixel sensor, and yes it is a single setup camera. Secondary cameras is of 8 megapixel without autofocus. One good thing about the main camera is that it comes with an optical zoom which can go up to 2X.
7. Currently out of the box it runs on Android Nougat which has no any bloatwares or unnecessary applications. Its a 100% clean stock Android operating system.
8. Unlike many other smartphones which has fingerprint sensor on the rear the MAZE Alpha X has on the front below the screen. It is quite quick in responding and recognizing for unlocking the device.
9. Apart from fingerprint scanner it has ambient light sensor, e-compass, gravity sensor, gyroscope, hall sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer and LED notification light.
10. The USB port is not a regular micro USB but USB Type-C reversible connector. Means the device supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives for transferring files.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Another MAZE Alpha X advantages is that the battery is of 3900 mAh capacity. Under full charge it can last up to a couple of days for a normal user. Even avid users can expect through out the day.
12. The material of the smartphone is part metal, part glass. Means the back panel is glass and the frame is metal. Yes the glass has anti-fingerprint plated.
Reasons Not to Buy MAZE Alpha X (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first disadvantages or cons of MAZE Alpha X is that the memory card slot is not a dedicated one. It has to be shared with one the SIM card slot. Means it is either a single SIM smartphone or a smartphone with no SD card slot.
2. Second cons or problems is that there is no Corning Gorilla glass for the protection of the display. Follow this link for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass.
My Verdict: Despite a couple of cons its still a very good smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.