This article is about the MAZE Comet Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently in China Maze has launched a new smartphone called Comet. Currently on Gearbest it is priced at $170 which seems decent when its compared to the specifications and features of the device. Now I ave written this post to talk about the good things and bad things as well. So without any futher delay lets review the MAZE Comet with pros and cons or problems and issues.
Below are the lists of MAZE Comet advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy MAZE Comet (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display is relatively larger than most smartphones for it comes with a 5.7 inch screen. It’s a full display which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. The screen stretches to all the sides and corners on the front panel which makes it a full vision screen. Yes its an IPS LCD which have good viewing angles , saturation and contrast levels. The brightness is also good for viewing outdoors.
2. The processor is from Mediatek which has a clock-speed of 1.5 GHz. The model of the CPU is MTK6750T which is an octa-core processor. Yes, it is definitely not the fastest but it probably one of the best from Mediatek at the given price tag. It’s been embedded in many other devices. You will neither find any trouble in performance, nor any heating issues or problems even after extreme usage.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. The MAZE Comet comes with 4 GB of RAM for handling the multitasking part. Apps do open and closes very fast.
4. Now what is the GPU. Well it comes with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU which performance is very good. Name any graphic intensive games from the Play Store, it will run without any drop in frames.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files and installing applications it comes with 64 GB of inboard memory. Yes you can increase the memory up to 128 GB with the help of a micro SD card slot. By the way the amount of memory left for the use out of 64 GB is around 56 GB.
6. Next pros of MAZE Comet is the optics. The primary is of Sony IMX 258 13 megapixel sensor. The focal aperture is f/2.2 which produces decent quality images. The low light performance is not the best around but with LED flash does the job. The secondary camera is an 8 megapixel sensor which has the small focal aperture as the main camera. The sensor is also from Sony which is IMX 219.
7. The operating system is Android Nougat which is free from bloatwares and unnecessary third-party applications. Means it’s a clean stock Android operating system.
8. There is a fingerprint scanner on the front below the screen. It’s very fast which takes not more than 0.2 seconds to respond and recognize. The resolution is 508 ppi and it can recognize from all 360 degrees.
9. The other important sensors are accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor and proximity sensor.
10. Another MAZE Comet advantages is that it has USB Type-C reversible connector. So it definitely supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives.
11. The amount of battery capacity it comes is of 4000 mAh. It is a non removable battery which provides a maximum backup of a day of usage for avid user. Normal user can get a backup of couple of days.
12. And the last pros is the material of the body. The frame is metal and the back is leather which is much much better than metal because it provides good grip.
Reasons Not to Buy MAZE Comet (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first disadvantages is that the memory card slot is a shared one. Means when you insert a memory card it’s a single SIM smartphone.
2. And second cons is that for the protection of display it does not have Corning Gorilla glass protection. It comes with regular glass. Follow this link for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass protection.
My Verdict: Considering the price with the specs it’s a good smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.