This article is about the MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box Review with Pros and Cons.
MECOOL a smart TV box manufacturer has recently launched a new product for broadcasting video signals. Its called M8S Plus which is a DVB. This is a product not everyone will want, its for specific users. It is one of the very few you can get online at this cheap. I have written this post to discuss the good and bad stuffs of the product. So without any delay lets review the MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box (Pros and Advantages):
1. Its not just a smart TV box but a DVB box which is for broadcasting video signals off the internet. It has to be connected to a tower which transmits the signals through it.
2. The engine has been powered with Amlogic S905D processor which is aa quad-core CPU with Cortex-A53 chipset. For broadcasting it’s powerful enough to not have any problems.
3. Next is the graphics which has powered with Mali 450 GPU.
4. Out of the the operating system has been installed with Android 7.1 OS which is the Nougat version. And regarding software updates the company will provide OTA updates every now and then.
5. Despite it’s an Android TV box it supports with Windows XP, Windows 7 and iOS as well.
6. The maximum resolution it can deliver broadcast is up to 4K in H.265 format. And yes it does support HDR flawlessly.
7. The primary memory for multitasking is 1 GB as RAM which is DDR3 type. When booted for the first time it has around 530 MB left for running applications.
8. Another MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box advantages is the internal memory which has 8 GB as ROM. Out of that it has 6.3 GB left for the user for installing applications.
9. Wireless connectivity features inclues Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi with dual band at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
10. For high speed file transfer and internet connectivity it comes with the LAN port which is the full size RJ45 connector.
11. For conneting the DVB box to TV or projector it comes with an HDMI port. Yes it is a full size port.
12. And the last is the ports which are USB 2.0, AV cable and antenna port.
Reasons Not to Buy MECOOL M8S Plus DVB – T2 / T / C TV Box (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The only cons I found is that it does not support 5.1 surround sound.
My Verdict: For the price tag and its features it is totally worth every penny. However if you are looking for a better alternative DVB Box then follow this link.