This article is about the Meiigoo S8 Review with Pros and Cons.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meiigoo has launched a new smartphone which looks exactly like the Galaxy S8. Currently it is priced under $200. You can buy from Gearbest as they are one of the best in dealing with sales after support. But before buying you should know the pros and cons of the smartphone. So lets review the Meiigoo S8 with problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Meiigoo S8 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Meiigoo S8 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first is that it’s a display centric smartphone for it comes with a humongous 6.1 inch panel. The resolution is 1440×720 pixels which gives the display a pixel density of 264 ppi (pixels per inch). The screen is extended to all the four sides and corners. Plus on top of it there is a 2.5D curved glass which makes it very comfortable to hold. The aspect ratio of the screen is 18:9 which makes the display taller than the majority out there.
PROCESSOR & MEMORY
2. Second Meiigoo S8 advantages is that the engine comes with the MTK6750T SoC (system-on-chip) from Mediatek. The clock-speed of the processor is 1.5 GHz which is an octa-core CPU. Many might argue that it’s not a good processor for extreme usage. Well I agree to an extent but considering the price at which it is being sold the processor is decently good enough as a daily driver. You will not experience any heating issues or problems what so ever even under extreme usage. Everything runs pretty smooth without any lags.
3. For multitasking it comes with 4 GB of RAM as it’s primary memory. Along with that it has 64 GB of internal memory as it’s secondary memory which can be further expanded up to 256 GB with a micro SD card.
4. Next is the camera especially the primary one. It hosts a dual setup which is a combination of 13 megapixel and 5 megapixel. The 13 MP has f/2.2 as its focal aperture. The additional 5 MP is used for shallow depth of field. Means unlike other smartphones which uses software to control the bokeh effect the Meiigoo S8 is done by the camera itself. Now speaking of quality it’s very good in natural lightning conditions. Colors, contrast and brightness are very even. Plus there is no over saturation effect. However in low light conditions it has some noise but with LED flash it minimizes the noisy effect.
5. The operating system of the Meiigoo S8 is loaded with the latest version of Android Nougat. To be specific the version is 7.1 and Meiigoo is providing softwares updates over OTA. The software is clean and free from bloatwares. However the company said that they have tweaked the Nougat OS to optimize the performance.
GESTURE & SENSOR
6. Next Meiigoo S8 pros is that just below the camera on the rear there is a fingerprint scanner. The sensor has the ability to unlock the device under just 0.3 seconds. You can register up to 5 touch IDs. You can unlock from any angles. It not only unlocks the device but also has some additional features as gestures.
7. Now speaking of gesture it has two gesture control. First is that you can swipe over the screen for opening specific applications. For instance to open the camera app just draw the letter “C” over the screen. Another is the distance gesture which you can control the smartphone without physically in contact with the device. It is essentially an air gesture, like to pause the music just hold your hand on the air over the device.
8. Unlike other which skips many of the sensors it has all of them, well may be not all but the majority which every smartphone should have. They are ambient light sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, gravity sensor or compass (magnetometer).
USB PORT & COLORS
9. The USB port is a Type-C reversible connector. Means technically it supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives like pen-drives, memory card, etc.
10. It comes in three cool colors viz. champagne gold, vocal blue and classic black. Personally I like the vocal blue.
11. The battery capacity is a decent 3300 mAh. It is sure that gamers will have to recharge the smartphone but as there is fast charging they don’t have to worry a bit. There is also a physical button on the right edge. With a gentle press, all power-consuming tasks will be cleaned to help the battery last longer.
Reasons Not to Buy Meiigoo S8 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first disadvantages of Meiigoo S8 is the memory card slot which is a shared one. You will have to compromise for either a SIM card or the micro SD card. This kind of hybrid memory card slot can be seen with majority of Chinese devices.
2. And second cons or problems is that there is no screen protection from Corning Gorilla glass.
My Verdict: A little bit on the expensive side. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
So that’s is all I have to say in the review of Meiigoo S8. Any questions put them in the comment section below.