This article is about the Micromax Canvas Infinity Review with Pros and Cons (Problems and Issues).
Looks like Micromax is trying to come back for what they have lost in the last one year or so. With the newly launched Evok and Infinity they might be able to makeup their looses. Anyway in this post I am going to talk about the later, Canvas Infinity. Like anything other device on paper the specs looks very promising, but in reality it’s a bit different. So that’s why I have decided to publish the Micromax Canvas Infinity review with pros and cons. Later down I have also discussed about it’s problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Micromax Canvas Infinity advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Micromax Canvas Infinity (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first reason to go with it is for the noticeably massive 5.7 inch screen. This is not the first time the company has designed a huge display device. The resolution is a bit odd for it is of 720×1440 pixels which holds a pixel density of 279 ppi (pixels per inch). I wish the resolution is full HD as it will have better pixel density and clarity. Anyway the aspect ratio is 18:9 which translates to 2:1 and I would say it’s very tall, kind of reminds me the Galaxy S8. The brightness level seems decent with good amount of saturation and contrast levels.
2. Next is that under the hood it comes with Snapdragon 425 chipset which has a 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU. It’s a quad-core CPU which has the ability to process any apps without any issues. However I wish it to be an octa-core CPU but for that it will have to come with Snapdragon 625 which will eventually increase it’s price. You will not face any heating problems or lagging issues even multitasking continuously for longer time. Right now it is a strong competitor to the Motorola Moto E4 Plus.
3. The primary memory is of 3 GB which have around 1.6 GB left after initial boot.
4. The secondary memory is of 32 GB. It has about 26.2 GB left for the user. There is a memory card slot which can read up to a maximum of 128 GB. And yes it is a dedicated slot with no strings attached.
5. For gaming it comes with the Adreno 508 GPU. It can run any graphic intensive apps without any kind of frame drops or lags.
6. Another Micromax Canvas Infinity pros is the operating system. Out of the box it runs on Android Nougat version 7.1.2 which is the latest one. Plus the company has also specifically mentioned that it will receive future operating system upgrade to Android Oreo. That’s a huge bonus.
7. The camera on the rear comes with a 13 megapixel sensor. The focal aperture is f/2.0 and it can record videos up to a maximum resolution of 1080p at 30 fps (frames per second). Secondary optics is powered by a 16 megapixel sensor which has the same focal aperture as that of the rear camera. The front camera can also record videos in full HD resolution. On both the sides there is an LED flash to deal with low light conditions. Micromax has always been in the decent zone if you ask about the camera quality. The colors, saturation, contrast and brightness are pretty decent.
8. On the rear there is a fingerprint scanner which resides just below the camera. The maximum number of fingers it can register is five. It is very sensitive and also quite accurate in recognizing. Takes less than 0.3 seconds to unlock the smartphone.
9. Another advantages of Micromax Canvas Infinity is that it supports USB OTG cable. You can connect flash drives and transfer files to and fro.
Reasons Not to Buy Micromax Canvas Infinity (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first problem or cons of Micromax Canvas Infinity is with the battery capacity. For a massive display of 5.7 inches the 2980 mAh battery is really low. I could stand if it is a Samsung or Motorola device, they have better power management algorithms as they tweaks the operating system for better performance. Also there is no fast charging feature. For a normal user it’s OK not to have quick charge but for avid users it is a must.
2. Second disadvantages is the absence of a reputed display protection. It has neither Corning Gorilla Glass, not Asahi Dragontrail Glass. When it will break it will be shattered completely, that’s the problem with standard glass protector for the display.
3. Another demerits or issues is the absence of compass. How on earth they ignored the compass for the 10,000 price smartphone. It’s a must otherwise turn-by-turn navigation with maps is not possible.
4. And the last cons of Micromax Canvas Infinity is that it does not have the gyroscope sensor. It is important for connecting VR headsets, running augment reality applications, etc.
My Verdict: If you can compromise the cons then its good to go. However if you can increase your budget then follow the link below for a better alternative device.
So, that’s all about the pros and cons review of Micromax Canvas Infinity. If you want to know anything, comment below.