This article is about the Motorola Moto C Plus Pros and Cons Review.
One after another Motorola is expanding their smartphone lineup. This time they have done with the C series. So in total they have six series namely, C, E, G, M, X and Z. All of them are developed, designed and marketed by Lenovo. Now the Moto C Plus is the cheapest smartphone form the company. The exact model code is XT1721. So without waiting anymore time lets review the smartphone in details with a couple of problems and issues too. Oh by the way the stuffs that comes with the box are handset, 10w turbo charger, usb cable, headset, quick start guide.
Below are the lists of Motorola Moto C Plus advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Motorola Moto C Plus (Pros and Advantages):
1. The size of the display is the same like the regular Moto E4 which is 5 inches. The resolution is the same which is of 1280×720 pixels. Means technically it has a pixel density of 294 ppi (pixels per inch).
2. With 1.3 GHz of processor from Mediatek it does the job for a low budget smartphone. The exact model of the chipset is MTK6737, and yes it is an octa-core CPU which does not have any heating problems or issues.
3. For multitasking it comes embedded with 2 GB of RAM. Like the processor it decent because it does not create any lags or hanging problems.
4. Another advantages of Moto C Plus is that the internal memory is of 16 GB which can be expanded up to 32 GB with a micro SD card. And yes it is a dedicated one which does not need to be shared with a SIM card slot.
5. Next is the optics, I am talking about the camera. The primary is of 8 megapixel sensor and the secondary is of 2 megapixel sensor. Both of them takes decent quality images in both natural and artificial lightning conditions. The rear camera is autofocus and the front is not. However both the camera are equipped with LED flash, that is not he front and rear.
6. The software is Android 7.0 which is Stock Android. Means there are no third-party applications or bloatwares that runs on the background. It is very enjoyable to use and above all there is a chance that Motorola might upgrade the operating system whenever a newer is released. But they are anyway providing frequent updates like security fixes and bugs or errors.
7. The sensor that are embedded are ambient light sensor for adaptive brightness control, proximity sensor and accelerometer.
8. And the last merits or pros is for the battery capacity which holds a staggering 4000 mAh capacity. And yes with the 10 watt turbo charger it does support quick charge (fast battery charging). If you are a normal user it will last a couple of days, extreme users can expect throughout the day.
Reasons Not to Buy Motorola Moto C Plus (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first noticeable problem is the absence of gyroscope sensor. Gyroscope sensors are not expensive, in fact it costs less than $3 and they are omitting like its a $20 thing.
2. The same goes for the compass, I mean to say there ain’t one. Without that it is not possible to do turn by turn navigation with maps.
3. Smartphones are trying to get slimmer and slimmer but at 10 mm its probably one of the thickest around in the market from a major brand. Its a little bit uncomfortable to hold.
4. Another cons or disadvantages is that the camera cannot record videos in full HD resolution. It is limited to 720p resolution at 30 fps (frames per second).
5. The screen is a TFT screen rather than a IPS LCD. Compared to TFT displays IPS LCD consumes less power and also the viewing angles are better too. I don’t see the point to use TFT screens on a smartphone other than increasing their profits because other brands have shipping with IPS LCD.
6. And the last cons or problems is that the Moto C Plus SAR values are not published by the manufacturer. In case if you are looking for a way to reduce SAR values or radiation levels then follow this link.
My Verdict: Good but not the best around. For a better alternative smartphone follow the link below.