This article is about the NOMU S30 Mini Pros and Cons Review.
Well we have a new kid in town from China. It’s a new brand called NOMU. They have launched an extremely rugged smartphone, I mean really rugged. Now I have published this post not to just talk about the features but some of the things that you might not like. So without any further delay let’s review the NOMU S30 Mini with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of NOMU S30 Mini advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy NOMU S30 Mini (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display comes with a 720p panel which has a resolution of 1280×720 pixels. Considering the price tag it’s fine to be HD and not full HD. Colors are good and so does the brightness with great viewing angles.
2. Coming to the engine it’s rocked with a quad-core processor. The chipset has a clock-speed of 1.5 GHz which is from Mediatek. The NOMU S30 Mini does not have any heating issues or problems what so ever. Many of the games from the Play Store are playable without any lags. Apart from that it does not have any heating problems at all.
3. For multitasking it comes with 3 GB of RAM as the primary memory. Out of that it has about 1.4 GB left after initial boot. The secondary memory is loaded with 32 GB. You have have about 26 GB free memory. And yes you can increase the memory up to 128 GB with a microSD card.
4. On the rear it has a 8 megapixel sensor which is an autofocus one. The secondary camera is 2 megapixel. Both of them are powered by Sony. Talking about the quality it’s quite decent for the rear one. It has a focal aperture of f/2.0 which takes good quality images in outdoors. However the front camera is not good in low light conditions as it suffers with noise.
5. Out of the box it comes with Android 7.0.1 which is the latest version of Android Nougat. It’s completely clean with no bloatwares or unnecessary applications that runs on the background. It’s almost Stock Android. Regarding future software updates I can speak for it.
6. Under the hood it has a 3000 mAh battery which is non removable. That much amount of capacity falls in the decent category of battery. Under normal usage it should last about a couple of days. On the flip side if your usage is intensive like playing games you might need to recharge more than once.
7. The sensors that comes embedded with the smartphone are ambient light for automatic brightness control, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor and the accelerometer.
8. The display comes with a protection from Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Means you won’t require any tempered glass on it.
9. The entire body of the NOMU S30 Mini has been sealed and so it earned the IP68 rating. What I am saying is that its a waterproof device which can withstand up to 1.5 meters for a period of 1 to 2 hours. Even the USB ports and audio jack are all sealed.
10. When it’s a waterproof it’s also a dust proof. You need not to worry to get it dirty, you can simply wash it off.
11. Another NOMU S30 Mini advantages is the body material which is extremely strong for its material. The frame of the device is of Titanium alloy and the rest is plastic which is very durable.
12. It also freeze-proof and heat-proof. The minimum and maximum temperature it can withstand is minus 20 degree Celsius and 55 degree Celsius respectively.
13. And the last is that the device has fast battery charging technology. It happens with the supplied 5V 2A quick charger.
Reasons Not to Buy NOMU S30 Mini (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The size of the display is 4.7 inch which is relatively smaller than most smartphones. If your fingers are small you will find trouble in using the smartphone. Well that’s the only cons I found in general.
My Verdict: Decent for the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative rugged smartphone then follow the link below.
So, that’s all about the review of NOMU S30 Mini. Hope you like it.