This article is about the Quelima SQ12 Mini 1080P FHD DVR Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently in China Quelima has launched a new DVR camera at a very low price. It can record and take still images with a pretty decent quality. However with any product there are always some good and some bad things. And in this post I am going to discuss them. So lets review the Quelima SQ12 Mini 1080P FHD DVR with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Quelima SQ12 Mini 1080P FHD DVR advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Quelima SQ12 Mini 1080P FHD DVR (Pros and Advantages):
1. The maximum resolution of the camera is for still images is 12 megapixels. For videos it is 1.2 megapixels. The diameter of the lens is 2.3 mm. The focal aperture is f/2.5 which is fine for decent background blur.
2. The resolution that the camera can take videos is of 1920×1080 pixels, means full HD at 30 fps (frames per second). A lower resolution at 720p is also supported. One thing you must remember that the ISO is always in auto mode.
3. The 2.3 mm wide lens provides a greedier field of view (FOV) up to 155 degrees.
4. The loop-cycle recording is great fro taking small instances of videos. The loop time period is 5 minutes.
5. It has the motion detection technology that responds to motion. The maximum distance it can respond in detecting motion is from 2 to 3 meters. And yes there is also an in-built microphone for recording surrounding sounds.
6. Another is that there is also the night vision feature which can capture videos in absolute darkness. The maximum distance it can recognize it from 3 to 5 meters.
7. The battery capacity is of 200 mAh which may seem low for you. But the reality is that it can work up to 60 hours. The reason that it runs for that long period of time is because there is no any display. Just leave it and start recording when you are away from home for surveillance. By the way to charge the 200 mAh battery it takes a relatively longer time than a smartphone which is of 2 hours.
8. There two external ports. One is for connecting the device to computer or charging which is through the mini USB port. And the other is the memory card slot which supports micro SD card slot.
9. And the last is that the camera is very small and also extremely light. It weights only 16 grams.
Reasons Not to Buy Quelima SQ12 Mini 1080P FHD DVR (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. There is no any wireless features like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Everything has to be either through the micro USB port or the memory card. Follow this link which has wireless features.
My Verdict: Good for the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative DVR camera then follow the link below.