This article is about the Homtom S99 Review with Pros and Cons.
Recently Homtom has released a new smartphone which is priced at a very resonable price. The specs and features of the device are pretty decent which has a full HD plus panel, 64 GB ROM, 4 GB RAM, Android Oreo OS and tons of sensors. Now I have written this post to discuss on the good reasons to buy and some bad reasons to buy. So without any further ado lets do the review of Homtom S99 with some pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Homtom S99 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Homtom S99 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display comes with a 5.5 inch panel which has a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. Means it is an HD plus panel which has a pixel density of 293 ppi (pixels per inch). Being a tall smartphone the aspect ratio is 18:9 which is pretty wide. For media consumption its a very good smartphone.
2. The processor is a 1.5 GHz MT6750 from Mediatek. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which can handle most of the intensive tasks that you would normally do on a budget smartphone. Heating issues or lagging problems are not noticed.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. Along with the processor it comes with 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM as its coupled primary memory. The memory chips are very fast which at max it can run at a frequency of 833 MHz.
4. Another Homtom S99 advantages is the processor for graphics. It has the ARM Mali-T860 MP2 which has an operating frequency of 650 MHz. Yes it is a dual core GPU which lets you install and run most of the graphic intensive applications without any drop in frames speed.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. It comes with 64 GB as its secondary storage area. And yes you also have the option to increase the memory up to 128 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
6. Next up is the camera which has a dual sensor type. Means it has two cameras on the rear which is a combination of 21 megapixels and 2 megapixels. The focal aperture of the 21 megapixel sensor is f/2.0 which performs good in low light conditions. On the front the camera resolution is 13 megapixels which has f/2.2 as its focal aperture. The maximum resolution it can record videos is 1920×1080 at 30 fps (frames per second).
7. Out of the box the Homtom S99 is powered by Android 8.0 which is the latest version of Android Oreo. Yes it is a 100% clean stock Android operating system which does not have any bloatwares or unnecessary applications.
8. On the rear it has a fingerprint scanner which is fairly quick in responding and also pretty accurate in recognition.
9. Here are the complete lists of sensors that it has which are the g-sensor control, distance sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer and proximity sensor.
10. Next Homtom S99 pros is that it supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives like pen-drives, memory cards etc.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Another reason for which you would buy is for the humongous battery capacity. Its exact rated capacity is 6200 mAh which is large enough to at least last three days.
12. Being a large battery means you need more charging time. But this ain’t the case with this smartphone as it has the fast charging feature.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
14. The entire body has been casted out of aluminium. Its feels very elegant and at the same time pretty light.
15. And here comes the last one which is the face ID feature. It is one of the very few smartphones to have it which can unlock the smartphone by recognizing your face.
Reasons Not to Buy Homtom S99 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons of Homtom S99 is obvious which is regarding the shared memory card slot. Means there is no dedicated slot for the memory card. You either leave it open for dual SIM feature or use it in place of dual SIM. Means you will have to compromise either way.
2. Another is the absence of NFC (Near Field Communication). Although many might argue for the fact that they don’t need NFC but there are some who are using it on a daily basis. So its better to have than not having at all.
3. And the last reason is the absence of a proprietary display protection. Means it neither have Corning Gorilla Glass not Asahi Dragontrail Glass.
My Verdict: Despite the cons it is still a very good smartphone considering its price tag. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.