This article is about the Samsung Galaxy M20 Review with Pros and Cons.
Samsung has been out from the budget smartphone game for a long time, and now they are back with some good competitive specs and features. This time they have launched and released the Galaxy M20. Not only the specs are good but the price as well. So without any further ado let’s review the Samsung Galaxy M20 with pros and cons, may be also some problems and issues along the way.
Below are the lists of Samsung Galaxy M20 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Samsung Galaxy M20 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the device is 6.3 inches wide in diagonal which is an infinity display of V design. The screen-to-body ratio is 83.6% which is fairly high than most of their mid-low range smartphones. The resolution is 1080×2340 pixels which provides the screen a pixel density of 409 ppi (pixels-per-inch). 19.5:9 is the tall aspect ratio which looks pretty good.
2. Unlike other brands Samsung has provided with their own CPU which is the Exynos 7904 chipset. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which has a dye size of 14 nm.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. In terms of RAM it comes in two variants. One is 4 GB and the other is 3 GB.
4. Another advantages of Samsung Galaxy M20 is that the GPU is powered by Mali-G71 MP2 which is a very powerful one. You will not notice any major problems like heating issues or lagging.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The same goes for the internal memory which has two different variants. The 4 GB RAM model have 64 GB and the 3 GB has 32 GB.
6. Next up is the camera which is a dual setup for the primary optics. The resolution is 13 megapixels which has a focal aperture of f/1.9. Sensor size is 1.12 μm and yes it is a PDAF sensor. The front camera is 5 megapixels which has f/2.2 as its focal aperture.
7. Out of the box the operating system of Galaxy M20 is Android 8.1 which is the Pie version.
8. There is a fingerprint scanner on the rear which is fairly quick and responsive.
9. The other important sensors are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor and compass.
10. Despite the smartphone being not so expensive it still comes with USB Type-C cable. Means it automatically supports USB OTG cable.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The main selling point of the device is for the battery. It comes with 5000 mAh capacity which is unbelievable from Samsung. But it’s true, 5000 mAh which will definitely lasts till at least a couple if days without recharging in between.
12. That massive battery will take long recharging time. But worry not as Samsung has provided a 15 watt power adapter with the box. Means it supports fast charging (quick charge) technology.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. Face unlock is another feature which let’s you unlock the smartphone by just looking over the smartphone display.
14. The audio technology is powered by Dolby Atmos which provides premium sounds.
Reasons Not to Buy Samsung Galaxy M20 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first Samsung Galaxy M20 cons is that the display has not been protected with Corning Gorilla glass. Follow this link for a mid range smartphone with Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the display.
2. There is no NFC (near field communication). Now this for many might not be a big deal but I am.complainung when others are being able to provide.
3. The camera cannot record 4K resolution videos, come on it’s 2019 and 4K is now on many smartphones.
4. And the last is that the display is not AMOLED which Samsung is always known for.
My Verdict: If you can consider the cons you should go for it. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.