This article is about the Samsung Galaxy On6 Review with Pros and Cons.
Looks like Samsung has trouble in naming smartphones as most of them only difference in numbers. There are tons of On series and now the J series as well. Anyway I am here to discuss about the good and bad of the smartphone. So without any delay let’s review the Samsung Galaxy On6 with pros and cons (problems and issues).
Below are the lists of Samsung Galaxy On6 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Samsung Galaxy On6 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first is the large 5.6 inch screen. It is a Super AMOLED panel which consumes lesser battery power and also provides higher saturation compared to IPS LCD. The aspect ratio of the panel is 18:9 and the screen-to-body ratio is 75.9% which is decent.
2. The processor is a 1.6 GHz Exynos 7870 chipset which is designed by Samsung. Compared to Snapdragon, Kirin and Mediatek it has less heating problems and lagging issues. You will have no problems in running any applications.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. Next is that the processor of Samsung Galaxy On6 has been coupled with 4 GB of RAM for multitasking. When booted for the first time you will find around 1.9 GB RAM left for the user for running applications.
4. For gaming its powered by Mali-T830 MP1 GPU. Its decent enough to run most of the graphic intensive games without noticing any drop in frames.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The secondary memory is 64 GB out of which it has 56 GB left for the user. And the best part is that it has a dedicated memory card slot which can be expanded up to 256 GB with the help of a micro SD card slot.
6. Camera on the rear is a 13 megapixel sensor and on the front is of 8 megapixel. Both of them takes decent quality images in good light and low light as well.
7. Next pros of Samsung Galaxy On6 is the operating system of the smartphone. It comes with Android Oreo version 8.0 out of the box. Sure there are couple of bloatwares but they can be removed without rooting the device.
8. On the rear it has a fingerprint sensor which resides just below the camera. Frankly speaking I don’t prefer the positioning as its not comfortable to reach, you will have to stretch your finger a little bit. About the speed and accuracy its spot on.
9. Other than the fingerprint scanner it has accelerometer, proximity sensor and hall sensor.
10. Yes the smartphone does support USB OTG cable for transferring files between flashdrives.
11. Next is the power which has a capacity of 3000 mAh. For a normal user you will have no trouble in battery. Avid user might need to recharge more than once.
13. Yes, it comes with a display protection from Corning which is the Gorilla Glass. I don’t know what version is the Gorilla Glass.
14. One new feature it has is the face recognition technology. It lets you unlock the smartphone by just looking from the front.
Reasons Not to Buy Samsung Galaxy On6 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. First cons is that the display not full HD. I understand the display is already a Super AMOLED and providing a full HD at the current selling price is very hard for them. But its midway 2018 and full HD is the minimum for a mid budget device.
2. The SAR values (specific absorption rate) are quite high, especially the body value. For the head its 0.81 W/Kg and for the body its 1.57 W/Kg.
3. Next Samsung Galaxy On6 cons is that Samsung omits a lot of sensors. It does not have gyroscope.
4. Another important sensor it have missed is the compass. Means turn by turn navigation is not possible with maps.
My Verdict: Despite the cons the Samsung Galaxy On6 is pretty good for the given price tag. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.