This article is about the Samsung Galaxy On8 Advantages and Disadvantages Review.
Modeled coded J710FZWGINS and named Galaxy On8 its currently the top model in the On series. It looks like Samsung is back on the track because every month they are starting to roll out new smartphones which are giving a tough competition to its counterparts. Lets cut the crap and discuss about the Samsung Galaxy On8 advantages and disadvantages.
Below are the lists of Samsung Galaxy On8 Advantages and Disadvantages (Pros and Cons):
Advantages of Samsung Galaxy On8 (Pros):
1. The display is a 5.5 inch full HD panel with a pixel density of 401 ppi (pixels per inch). And the best part is that its a Super AMOLED panel.
2. Powered by a 1.6 GHz Octa-core Exynos 7580 chipset it is the fastest processor fitted into a Samsung smartphone this cheap.
3. For multitasking it is powered by 3 GB of RAM.
4. Next Samsung Galaxy On8 advantages is that the quality of pictures taken from the 13 MP primary camera are very good in both outdoors and indoors.
5. Because the larger focal aperture of f/1.9 for the selfie camera it can capture images without loosing details even in low light conditions.
6. It has a separate memory card slot which can expand its memory up to 128 GB.
7. Another advantages or pros is with TouchWiz user interface the operating system is Android Marshmallow.
8. With a thickness of only 7.8 mm and metallic body it fells very slim and premium in the hands.
9. It can power up more than a day for normal user with the 3300 mAh battery pack.
10. Yup, USB OTG cable is supported.
11. It supports VoLTE for making voice calls over LTE networks.
12. Yes it also works, supports and is compatible with Reliance Jio 4G internet service which is another advantages especially for Indian consumers.
13. Its a good thing that the navigational touch buttons are not placed on the screen. They are all outside.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy On8 (Cons):
1. Out of the 16 GB internal memory only about 10 GB is left for the user. Yes you can insert a memory card, but installing apps on the on-board memory is better because they are faster compared to an external memory card.
2. NFC (Near Field Communication) is absent. It is not a major disadvantages as many consumer have never used the NFC and probably will not use either. But should have come with it.
3. Next disadvantages or cons is that there is no gyroscope sensor. It is important as for playing games where AR is involved. Moreover VR headsets also requires a gyroscope for better reality-like experience. But if you are just a normal user forget about it.
4. Also the fingerprint sensor is missing.
5. Another Samsung Galaxy On8 disadvantages or cons is that LED notification feature is not present.
6. It does not have a USB Type-C reversible connector.
7. Infrared sensor for IR blaster is also missing which is another disadvantages.
8. Fast charging feature like Quick Charge or any other for the 3300 mAh battery is not present.
9. There is no protection for the display like Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Asahi Dragontrail glass, etc.
My Verdict: One of the best for a normal user. In case if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below for a better alternative smartphone.