This article is about the Samsung Galaxy On8 Review with Pros and Cons.
On paper the specs and features of the newly launched Galaxy On8 looks very promising. The exact model code is J710FZWGINS. Samsung is slowly trying to fill the gaps where they are not doing good because of the competition from other brands. Now the reason for this article is to discuss about the Samsung Galaxy On8 pros and cons not on the basis of personal choices but on facts.
Below are the lists of Samsung Galaxy On8 pros and cons which can be also considered as advantages and disadvantages.
Reasons to Buy Samsung Galaxy On8 (Pros, Merit or Positives):
1. The first noticeable is the display which is a full HD Super AMOLED screen for the 5.5 inches. Comparatively the Super AMOLED is far better than an IPS LCD with better viewing angles and lower power consumption.
2. Next pros is the processor which is a 1.6 GHz Octa-core Exynos 7580 chipset. In fact this is the cheapest Samsung devices to come with an Octa-core CPU and its real fast. Compared to Snapdragon Exynos have less heating issues.
3. The RAM is of 3 GB which is more than enough for multitasking without any lags.
4. Previous Samsung camera has never been disappointing and so as this one as well. For the primary it has a 13 megapixel sensor which takes very good quality images. It comes with an array of features like animated photo, anti-fog, continuous shot, HDR (high dynamic range), auto beauty face, panorama, sports and pro.
5. Apart from the primary one the secondary camera is also very very good in low light conditions because of the larger f/1.9 focal aperture. It also has a LED flash on the front panel which can capture selfies even in absolute darkness.
6. It comes with a dedicated memory card slot which can expand its memory up to 128 GB with a microSD card.
7. The operating system is the latest version of Android Marshmallow and on top of that it comes with a smooth Samsung TouchWiz user interface.
8. The body material is made out of metal which is very premium and also the overall thickness is of only 7.8 mm. So from the design standpoint its without a compromise.
9. The 3300 mAh battery is large enough to last throughout the day even for an avid user. However gamers might need to recharge more than once during a day.
10. Yes, it also supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives (pen drives).
11. Does it supports Reliance Jio 4G? Yup, it works with Reliance Jio internet. Also it has VoLTE (voice over LTE networks).
12. And the last pros is the dedicate navigational touch buttons which are placed below the screen.
Reasons Not to Buy Samsung Galaxy On8 (Cons, Demerits or Negatives):
1. The internal memory is of only 16 GB which is too less for a 16k priced smartphone. Moreover in actual only 10 GB out of the 16 GB is left for the user.
2. Next Galaxy On8 cons or demerits is that there is no NFC (near field communication).
3. Also the Gyroscope sensor is missing which is very important for playing AR (augmented reality) games like Pokemon Go and others.
4. For a smartphone this expensive it should have come with a fingerprint sensor.
5. There is no LED notification light as well which is a cons.
6. It does not have a USB Type-C reversible connector.
7. Next Samsung Galaxy On8 cons is that infrared sensor for IR blaster is also absent.
8. There is no fast charging technology for the 3300 mAh battery.
9. And the last Galaxy On8 cons is the absence of a display protection like Corning Gorilla Glass 3 or Asahi Dragontrail glass.
My Verdict: If you can compromise the cons then its still a great phone. But in case if you cannot compromise then follow the link below for a better alternative smartphone.