This article is about the Umidigi F1 Review with Pros and Cons.
Many copied Samsung’s flagship smartphone name and now Umidigi is copying Xiaomi’s Pocophone F1. Umidigi is calling it just F1 which has been recently in China. The selling price is decent neither expensive nor cheap. But what about the specs and features. To know about that let’s review the Umidigi F1 with pros and cons along with some problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Umidigi F1 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Umidigi F1 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The massive 6.3 inch display holds a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels which happens to be a full HD+ panel. The screen-to-body ratio of the device is 92.7% which is pretty large. In terms of quality it’s good in brightness, saturation, color and contrast levels. And yes it does support up to 10 fingers at max simultaneously.
2. The processor of the smartphone is powered by Mediatek. It’s the 2.0 GHz Helio P60 octa-core CPU which is the latest model in the P series. It’s meant for better memory management, low power consumption and most importantly low heating problems or issues.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. With the CPU it has been coupled with 4 GB of RAM as it’s onboard primary memory for multitasking.
4. Next up is the graphics which comes with Mali G72 MP3 GPU. It’s pretty powerful for a mid rage smartphone. Most of the games are playable without any lagging issues or drops in frames speed.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. Another Umidigi F1 advantages is the internal memory which comes with a humongous one. It has 128 GB of secondary memory for storing files and installing applications. Yes you do get a microSD card slot which can read up to 256 GB.
6. The primary optics is 16 megapixels. Along side it has another sensor of 8 megapixels. Means it’s a dual setup which has f/1.7 as it’s focal aperture. Because of the very wide focal aperture it performs very good in low light conditions. The front one is of 16 megapixles which takes decent quality images.
7. The operating system is Android 9.0 which is the latest version of Pie. The best part is that it’s 100% stock Android which has no any bloatwares or unnecessary applications.
8. Here are the lists if sensors of Umidigi F1. They are e-compass, gravity sensor, geomagnetic sensor, face recognition, accelerator, proximity sensor, light sensor and gyroscope.
9. The fingerprint scanner is on the rear which is very fast and accurate in recognizing. The user can setup up to 5 fingers at max and from all angles.
10. The type of the USB port Type-C connector. It also means that USB OTG cable is supported for quick connectivity with flash drives.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Next one is the main selling point of the device. I am referring to the battery capacity which is of 5150 mAh, that’s a humongous one. With a single charge it can last up to three days.
12. Speaking of charge it does support fast battery charging technology with the supplied 18 Watt power adapter.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. Like all the previous Umidigi devices this one is also entirely made out of metal. It looks and feels very premium in the hands, but at the same time it’s a bit slippery.
14. Another Umidigi F1 advantages is that it does support NFC (near field communication) for instant connectivity such as for wireless payments, etc.
15. And the last one is the face recognition feature which let’s you automatically unlock the smartphone with just a glance over the display.
Reasons Not to Buy Umidigi F1 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The display has not been protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, it just a generic glass which means applying a tempered glass is absolutely necessary.
2. And the next Umidigi F1 cons is that the memory card slot is not a dedicated one, meaning you can only insert a memory card if you compromise the SIM card slot.
3. Third is for the absence of wireless battery charging feature.
My Verdict: Despite the above cons I believe it’s still worth the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.