This article is about the UMIDIGI One Max Review with Pros and Cons.
One after another Umidigi is launching new products in the smartphone division. This time they have released the One Max which primary attention is for the large display size. Apart from that it has also all the other features which it needs to be. Now I have written this post to talk about the good and bad of the smartphone. So lets review the Umidigi One Max with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of UMIDIGI One Max advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy UMIDIGI One Max (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the smartphone is 6.3 inches wide in diagonal. Its a pretty large screen which has a water drop notch design on the top where the front camera resides. The screen-to-body ratio of the device is 91.5% and 19:9 is the aspect ratio.
2. Under the hood its rocked with a Helio P23 chipset which is from Mediatek. The clock-speed of the CPU is 2.0 GHz which is pretty fast. Even under extreme usage you won’t notice any heating problems or lagging issues.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking the UMIDIGI One Max has 4 GB of RAM which is of LPDDR4X type. The maximum frequency of the RAM is 1600 MHz which is one of the fastest memory chips. Out of 4 GB it has around 2.2 GB left for the user for running applications.
4. The GPU for graphics is handled by ARM Mali G71 MP2 which has a maximum operating frequency of 770 MHz. You will be able to run most of the graphic intensive applications without any drop in frames speed.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files and installing applications it has 128 GB of internal memory. It is probably one of the highest internal memory on a mid-range Chinese smartphone. Plus you also have the option to increase the secondary memory up to 256 GB with the help of a microSD card slot.
6. Camera on the rear is a combination of 12 megapixels and 5 megapixels5. The focal aperture is f/2.0 which is wide enough for low light conditions. The front camera resolution is 16 megapixels.
7. Another UMIDIGI One Max advantages is that the operating system of the device is the latest version of Android 8.1 (Oreo). However there is no word from the company if it will be upgraded to Android Pie.
8. Unlike others the fingerprint scanner is on the right edge which looks pretty cool, plus is is also very convinent to reach.
9. Some of the important sensors it has are the proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic.
10. As it has a USB Type-C reversible connector, means it does support USB OTG cable.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The battery capacity is quite large which is rated at 4150 mAh. With a single charge you can expect to run more than a day for an avid user.
12. Next pros of UMIDIGI One Max is that it support fast charging with the supplied 18 watt power adapter. If you charge the battery for 80 minutes it charges the battery up to 80 percent.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. The construction of the smartphone is Aluminium for the frame and tempered glass on the back. You get in two very cool colors which are Twilight and Carbon Fiber.
14. Yes the device does support NFC (Near Field Communication) for instant connectivity.
15. Other than the fingerprint sensor for unlocking the device it also has the face recognizing technology. Just glance over the display and it will automatically unlock it for you.
16. And the last reason is a very interesting one which is that it supports wireless charging which is also supported by fast charging.
Reasons Not to Buy UMIDIGI One Max (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons is that the camera cannot record videos in 4K resolution.
2. Next UMIDIGI One Max disadvantages is that it cannot record slow motion videos as well.
3. The display of the smartphone is also not full HD. For a price of this it should definitely have full HD screen.
4. And the last UMIDIGI One Max cons is that the display is neither protected with Corning Gorilla Glass nor any other.
My Verdict: Still its a very good smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.