This article is about the UMIdigi S2 Pro Review with Pros and Cons.
One after another the company is bringing more and more smartphones in the market every single month. This time they have launched the UMIdigi S2 Pro and S2. On paper the specs looks promising. Now I have written this post to talk about not only the good things but also the bad things as well. So without any further ado lets review the UMIdigi S2 Pro with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of UMIdigi S2 Pro advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy UMIdigi S2 Pro (Pros and Advantages):
1. On the front it has a 6 inch screen which is a full HD panel. Resolution is 1920×1080 pixels and pixel density is 367 ppi (pixels per inch). The aspect ratio of the screen is 18:9 and the screen-to-body ratio is of 90%. The colors, contrast and brightness are all decent. The maximum number of fingers the touch screen can register at once is ten. By the way the display is manufactured by SHARP.
PROCESSOR & RAM
2. The engine comes powered with a 2.6 GHz Helio P25 chipset from Mediatek. The CPU performs quite good. The UMIdigi S2 Pro does not have any heating issues or lagging problems what so ever. Apps do open and run very smoothly.
3. Next reason to buy the UMIdigi S2 Pro is for the amount of primary memory for multitasking that it comes. It’s of 6 GB LPDDR4 RAM. When booted for the first time it has about 3.9 GB RAM left for running applications.
GRAPHICS & MEMORY
4. For gaming it has the ARM Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. The clock-speed of the graphics is 1.0 GHz which is a quad-core GPU by the way. You won’t notice any lags or frame drops. Graphic intensive apps and games runs pretty smooth without any over heating problems. Everything runs very smooth.
5. The secondary memory is of 64 GB which is an eMMC 5.1 card. You will have about 56 GB left for personal use as the rest is used-up by the operating system. If you further want to increase the memory you can do so up to 128 GB with a micro SD card.
6. The camera is from Sony which is a dual setup. The main camera is a 13 megapixel sensor and the other adjacent to it is a 5 megapixel. Quality wise it’s decent with good amount of saturation and contrast levels. The camera on the front is also 5 megapixel.
7. The primary camera has the ability to record videos in 4K resolution which is 2160p at 30 fps (frames per second). It can also shoot slow motion videos in 1080p@60fps and 720p@120fps.
USB PORT & OPERATING SYSTEM
8. Another pros of UMIdigi S2 Pro is that it has a reversible connector which is the USB Type-C port. You can also connect a USB OTG cable for transferring files to and fro between flash drives.
9. The operating system is the latest version of UMI OS which is based on Android Nougat. Many might not like the UMI OS interface but I can safely say that it’s very smooth and enjoyable to use. You will notice a couple of bloatwares but it can be easily removed.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
10. Apart from the massive display it comes with a humongous battery. The capacity is 5100 mAh which can easily keep the device powered on up to 2 days under normal usage. Intensive game will even last up to 10 hours. However continuous gaming will give a back up of around 6 hours. It is in fact the highest rated battery on a full vision display.
11. Now bigger battery requires more charging time. Well that isn’t the case with it as it has the fast battery charging technology. With Quick Charge it can charge the battery in just 150 minutes to reach 100% from 0%. Or with 30 minutes of fast charging it will provide a back up of 1 day for a normal user.
12. Next UMIdigi S2 Pro advantages is that the display comes with a protection from Corning which is the Gorilla Glass 4. Its a 2.5D curved design which provides an aesthetic view of the smartphone.
13. On the rear below the camera sensor it has a fingerprint scanner. Its very accurate and recognizes from any angles. The maximum you can register is five.
14. Other than fingerprint sensor it has proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass (magnetometer), fingerprint and gyroscope sensor.
BODY MATERIAL, WEIGHT & COLOR
15. The entire body is made out of metal. Sandblasting has been done to all the sides and edges, thereby making it a very smooth and elegant to hold. By the way the metal-to-body ratio of the smartphone is 98%.
16. And the last is that despite such a huge display and massive battery its extremely light. To be specific it weights just 186 grams. In terms of colors it comes in two variants, viz. red and black.
Reasons Not to Buy UMIdigi S2 Pro (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first UMIdigi S2 Pro cons is the hybrid memory card slot. One of the SIM card slot has to be donated to the micro SD card. Means in practical its not a dual SIM smartphone when you insert a memory card and vice-versa.
2. Another disadvantages is that there is no dedicated navigational touch buttons below the screen. All the buttons are placed on the screen itself.
3. And the last UMIdigi S2 Pro cons or problems is that there is no 3.5 mm audio port. You will have to connect an earphone adapter which is a converter from USB Type-C to 3.5 mm port. It comes inside the box but the problem is that you will have to carry around everywhere.
My Verdict: Just for a massive display and large battery it seems a little bit overpriced. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
So, that is all I’ve got to say in the UMIdigi S2 Pro review. I am sure there are other things you might want to know. For that do put your comment in the section below.