This article is about the Umidigi Z2 Pro Review with Pros and Cons.
One after another Umidigi has launched new smartphones. They have launched their latest one which is sucessor to the Z series. Its called Z2 Pro which main attention is the display, processor and GPU. I have written this post to talk about the good and bad stuffs of the smartphone. So without any further ado lets do the Umidigi Z2 Pro review with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Umidigi Z2 Pro advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Umidigi Z2 Pro (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first attention to the user is massive 6.2 inch display. It has a resolution of 2246×1080 pixels. The 19:9 aspect ratio gives a very tall view which is convenient for watching videos and playing games. Viewing angles of the panel are great and so does the brightness, saturation and contrast levels.
2. The engine of the smartphone is rocked with a 2.0 GHz processor which is the Helio P60 chipset. Yes it is an octa-core CPU which is good enough for an avid user.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. The primary memory RAM is of 6 GB which upon first time boot will have around 3.8 GB left for multitasking.
4. Next Umidigi Z2 Pro advantages is for the gaming department. I am referring to the GPU which is the Mali G72 MP3 GPU. The maximum operating frequency of the GPU is 800 MHz which is relatively faster than most high budget smartphones.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The amount of internal memory it has is very large. It comes with 128 GB which is one of the highest on a smartphone of this price tag. And also there is also an external memory card slot which can be further increased up to 256 GB.
6. Next up is the camera which is dual set-up on both the ends. The primary camera is a combination of 16 megapixels and 8 megapixels. Resolutions are same on the front as well. The focal aperture f/1.7 is one of the widest on a Chinese smartphones which is good for performance in low light conditions.
7. Out of the box the Umidigi Z2 Pro operating system is Android 8.1 which is the latest version of Oreo. You won’t find any bloatwares, unnecessary or thirdparty applications. Its 100% stock Android.
8. Here are the lists of important sensors which are accelerometer, ambient light sensor, geomagnetic sensor, gyroscope and proximity sensor.
9. On the rear just below the camera it has fingerprint scanner. Speed and accuracy are very good.
10. Another advantages is that the type of the USB connector is USB Type-C. Means it supports USB OTG cable for connecting flash drives.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. Now how much is the battery for a flagship like specs. Well it comes with 3550 mAh which is enough to run for a couple of days for an avid user.
12. If you are an extreme user you will need to recharge more than once. But fear not as it comes with dual fast charge technology. Dual charge means it supports fast charching through the 15 watt wireless adapter and wired charging through the 18 watt power adapter.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. The body material of the Umidigi Z2 Pro is another great reason to go for. Its a combination of metal, glass and ceramic which looks and fells very elegant.
14. Yes it supports NFC (near field communication) for intant wireless connectivity.
15. And here is the last one which is a pretty smart feature. It supports face unlock technology for unlocking the smartphone.
Reasons Not to Buy Umidigi Z2 Pro (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. There is no dedicated memory card slot. Means if you want to insert a memory card you will have to comprimise the dual SIM feature and vice versa.
2. And second Umidigi Z2 Pro cons is that the display is neither protected with Corning Gorilla Glass nor Asahi Dragontrail Glass.
My Verdict: Despite a couple of cons its still a very good smartphone. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.