This article is about the Vernee M5 Pros and Cons Review.
The company is really expanding their reach towards the budget category. With the newly launched M5 it will have to compete with Leagoo, Cubot, Geotel, Vkworld etc. On paper the specs and features of the smartphone is quite good. But specs are only half the story. So to further discuss the product in detail lets review the Vernee M5 with pros and cons, along with problems and issues as well.
Below are the lists of Vernee M5 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Vernee M5 (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display size of the device is 5.2 inches wide in diagonal which is very convenient to hold and operate with just one hand. Its neither too wide like the 5.5 inches not to narrow like the 5 inches. Its an IPS LCD panel which has a 2.5D glass on top of it that provides better ergonomics. The colors and brightness are decent with good amount of saturation
2. The 1.5 GHz MTK7650 chipset from Mediatek is definitely not the best around but considering the selling price of the device it really does make sense. Its an octa-core CPU which can handle any intensive processing without any lags. Also upon extensive usage you will not experience any heating issues or problems with the Vernee M5. The maximum temperature it reaches is up to 44 degrees.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. The 4 GB of RAM serves the purpose of multitasking. It has about 2.1 GB left after initial boot for the user. Its also probably the cheapest 4 GB RAM smartphone in the market right now.
4. For gaming the Vernee M5 comes with a very good GPU. Its powered by Mali-T860 MP2 GPU which has the ability to handle any graphic intensive apps and games without any frame drop issues. If you use the smartphone for gaming even while charging its free from grating problems.
INTERNAL MEMORY & SOFTWARE
5. For installing applications and storing files it comes with an internal memory of 64 GB. Out of that it has around 56 GB left for the user as the rest is used by the system. You can also increase the memory with a micro SD card which can read up to a maximum of 128 GB.
6. As always the operating system of Vernee devices are stock Android. They are free from bloatwares or unnecessary apps. Out of the box the M5 comes installed with Android 7.0 (Nougat). You will get security updates and fixes very frequently through OTA.
7. Another advantages of Vernee M5 is that the primary camera comes with a very good 13 megapixel sensor. The auto focus speed is 0.3 seconds which quite fast compared to the majority out there. The quality of the camera in natural lightning conditions are very good with great dynamic range when considering its price tag. Also in low light the level of noise it creates are quite low which is a good thing. And with flash it removes the noise considerably. On the front it has a 8 megapixel sensor and its also pretty decent. However in low light its not good.
8. Just below the camera on the rear it has a fingerprint sensor. Its lightning quick in responding which takes o.2 seconds at max. You can set up to a maximum of five fingers. The fingerprint scanner can recognizes from all the 360 degree angles.
9. Other than the fingerprint it has an ambient light sensor, e-compass, gravity sensor, proximity sensor and accelerometer.
BATTERY & BODY
10. The material of the body is constructed from frosted metal which is very solid. Its feels very premium in the hands. The overall weight of the smartphone is 144 grams.
11. Next Vernee M5 pros is that under the hood it comes with a 3300 mAh battery capacity. With full charge it will keep the device powered on for more than a day for normal usage. Pro users will definitely need to recharge more than once.
12. And the last is the thickness of the smartphone which is very very thin. To be precise its 6.9 mm thin which makes it thinner than the iPhone 7.
Reasons Not to Buy Vernee M5 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first Vernee M5 cons is that the display resolution is not full HD, not even HD. It has a weird resolution of 1080×720 pixels. The quality of the display is fine but with that resolution watching a video with visual headsets in horrible. However if you don’t want to use visual headsets its OK.
2. Second problems or issues is that it does not have fast charging feature for the battery. It takes about 3.5 hours to fully charge the device form zero percent to hundred percent.
3. And the last Vernee M5 disadvantages or cons is that the memory card slot is not a dedicated one. Its a shared slot which requires one of the SIM slot.
My Verdict: If you can handle the cons you should go for it. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
So, that is all about the review of Vernee M5. If you want to know any more details then post your comments below.