This article is about the Xiaomi Black Shark Review with Pros and Cons.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has come up with a new smartphone which is designed specifically for gamers. It has a control pad, specs like that of a flagship, large battery, tons of RAM and much more. Now the question is it really worth the price. So to know all those lets do the Xiaomi Black Shark review with pros and cons along with some problems and issues along the way.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Black Shark advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark (Pros and Advantages):
1. The display of the smartphone is 5.99 inches in diagonal which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. It’s a pretty tall and beautiful looking device. Resolution of the screen is 1080×2160 pixels. Means it’s a full HD+ screen. Colors, brightness, saturation and contrast levels are all decent.
2. Under the hood lies the main reason for why many would consider buying. It’s powered by a 2.8 GHz Snapdragon 845 CPU. Unlike other brands this one has got a liquid cooled system which is along sides the processor to provide higher efficiency and most importantly higher performance.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. For multitasking it comes with a very large amount of primary memory which is of 8 GB RAM. Not make y smartphones have 8 GB of RAM. Plus the operating frequency of the memory chips are very fast which is of 1866 MHz. There is also a 6 GB RAM variant as well.
4. Now this is a gaming smartphone, so what do you expect. Yes it is powered by the best GPU from Qualcomm which is the Adreno 630 graphics. It has an operating frequency of 710 MHz. You won’t notice any lags or drops in frames speed while gaming even at the extreme graphic settings. Plus it has an independent image processing chip for better performance in details of video and still images.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. For storing files and installing applications it comes with 128 GB of onboard memory. The 6 GB RAM model has 64 GB of memory.
6. Next up is the camera which is a dual setup on the rear. It is a combination of 12 megapixel and 20 megapixel sensor. The front camera is 20 megapixel. Both the rear and front optics takes decent quality images in good light and low light as well. Yes 4K resolution video recording is supported at 30 fps (frames per second) and slow motion is 120 fps on 720p resolution.
7. Out of the box the operating system of the device comes pre-installed with the latest version of Android 8.0 (Oreo).
8. Here are the lists of important sensors which are e-Compass, gravity sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and accelerometer.
9. Another Xiaomi Black Shark advantages is that it supports USB Type-C reversible connector. Means technically it supports USB OTG cable as an interface for connecting flash drives.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
10. The power is powered by a 4000 mAh battery. It’s definitely not the biggest out there but it does the job. However I wish being a gaming smartphone it should have at least 5000 mAh.
11. Yes the device does support fast battery charging technology. Charging the device from zero percent to hundred percent takes about 2 hours.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
12. It even has a dedicated mic for games which has of course higher sensitivity than the one used for voice calling.
13. While any game play it has a feature called dock game which lets you change key configurations, key palm rejection, call rejection, shielding notification, calling in the game, eyes protection mode, accelerate games and turn off screen.
14. And the last one is a special game controller which comes with the box. It can be connected through Bluetooth. Its actually a game pad for faster and more sensitive than touch control. It has a battery capacity of 340 mAh that can go up to 30 hours. Its small and light for easy operation which can move, aim and shoot simultaneously.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first one is for the absence of display protection from Corning Gorilla Glass.
2. And another Xiaomi Black Shark cons is that it does not have a memory card slot.
My Verdict: Despite the cons its a very good smartphone for gamers. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.