This article is about the Xiaomi Mi 6 Pros and Cons Review.
The Mi 5 was doing good in the market until OnePlus launched the 3T. Now to cover the losses Xiaomi has launched a successor which has been powered with an insanely fast Snapdragon 835 CPU. Now its well ahead of the competition with OnePlus, but that’s only for now as OnePlus 5 will be launched very soon. But for now lets review the Mi 6 in details with some problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Mi 6 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Mi 6 (Pros and Advantages):
1. For the first time from Xiaomi the display is a curved 3D one. The curved design is not on just two sides, but on all the 4 sides of the screen. Apart from that the display has a eye care technology which makes the eyes less strain when viewing in the dark.
2. Second is the engine which comes with a 2.45 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset. It the latest and it not currently one of the best but the best processor in the world for mobile devices. Power management and memory management has been the top priority asides from being just fast with every chips Snapdragon ever designed.
3. For gaming it comes loaded with the Adreno 540 which is the successor of the Adreno 530. The clock speed of the GPU is 653 MHz which is the fastest for a smartphone graphics. The Adreno 530 is already a very fast GPU and this is insanely fast which noticing frame-drops is very hard. In short its butter smooth even gaming at the highest graphic settings.
4. For multitasking it has been shipped with 6 GB of RAM. Apps open, runs and closes very fast and smoothly. 6 GB is a lot for a primary memory as even today many laptops are powered with only 4 GB of RAM.
5. Next is that the internal memory comes with 128 GB. You do have the option with a lower internal memory of 64 GB.
6. The operating system is the latest version of Android Nougat. The user interface is MIUI 8 which runs on top of Android Nougat. It is very smooth and enjoyable to use.
7. It has the water resistant feature and this is for the first time from Xiaomi. All the holes and ports are sealed perfectly. But do remember that its not waterproof , its only water resistant or splash proof.
8. Next is the optics which has a dual 12 megapixel sensor setup as the rear camera. The focal aperture of is f/1.8 which is very large and hence it provides good quality images in low light conditions. The secondary camera is of 8 megapixels which has a focal aperture of f/1.26. Its got a 4 axis OIS (optical image stabilization) and along with that it has also got 2x optical lossless zoom. For better performance in low light conditions it has a dual tone LED flash. 4K video recording and slow motion features are both present.
9. The fingerprint scanner is on the front panel which is under the glass. It is very quick in responding but I wished the sensor to be on the back side as it would be more convenient to reach all the time with the index finger.
10. Important sensors other than fingerprint sensor are ambient light sensor, e-compass, gravity sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, hall sensor and accelerometer.
12. To provide a full stereo effect in audio it has a dual speaker setup, one on the top edge and other on the bottom edge.
13. The battery comes with a 3350 mAh which is not the highest around but decent as Android Nougat is getting better and better in power management. It does provides a backup of more than a day of usage for normal users. Under extreme usage like gaming or shooting videos it will last like 4 to 5 hours and that is where the fast charging technology Quick Charge comes into play.
14. There is a USB Type-C reversible connector which also supports USB OTG cable.
15. The entire body on the exterior is of made of glass. You also have the option to go with a ceramic body but it has only the higher internal memory variant which has 128 GB.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Mi 6 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons is that for a flagship device the screen size 5.15 inch is a bit small. Only a small fraction of users will like the form factor. Also the resolution is of only 1920×1080 pixels which has a pixel density of 428 ppi (pixels per inch) and this is where it really falls apart. All the flagships have a resolution of 2K. Using VR headsets with a 2K display is very enjoyable as individual pixels are nearly invisible and produces a clearly and vivid quality.
2. There is no 3.5 mm audio jack for listening music with earphones. You will have to connect through the USB Type C port with the help of a converter. That’s not ideal because you will have to always carry the converter with you wherever you go. But every compromise comes with a great feature and in this case is that the audio output quality is very high, to be precise it produces lossless quality.
3. And the last cons or problems is that there is no memory card slot, not even a shared one. So in this case I guess it better to go with the 128 GB variant.
My Verdict: One of the best in terms of specs and features when the price is taken into account. In case if you are looking to get it at a very low price then follow the link below.