This article is about the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s Review with Pros and Cons.
After a grand success of the original Mi Mix 2 Xiaomi has decided to launch a new upgraded one which is called Mi Mix 2s. Apart from differences in other sectors the primary difference is the processor. Now I have written this post to talk about the pros and cons along with some problems and issues of the device. So without any further ado lets review the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s (Pros and Advantages):
1. The screen is been the primary attention that consumers would be after. Means it is a full vision display that has an edge to edge design. The size of the display is 5.99 inch which is a a full HD+ panel that has a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. Technically it has a pixel density of 403 ppi (pixels per inch).
2. Under the hood it has a processor from Qualcomm which is the latest Snapdragon 845. That’s the reason for this smartphone to come into existence, because the Mi Mix 2 is powered by Snapdragon 835. There are been tons of improvements in the new chipset from memory management, battery power, handling heating problems and other related issues. Anyway the Antutu benchmark score is 277,178 which is a staggeringly huge score. So in the processor department there are no issues.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. In terms of primary memory it comes in two variants, the 6 GB variant and the 8 GB variant. If you are an extreme gamer then go for the 8 GB, otherwise the 6 GB is fine.
4. For gaming the graphics is handled by Adreno 630 GPU. Its is the latest and flagship one from Qualcomm which can process any graphic intensive applications without any issues. Means you can play any games without noticing any drop in frames speed and lags.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. Also in terms of internal storage it has three models. The 256 GB, 128 GB and 64 GB. For the 256 and 128 GB variant it has 8 GB RAM, and the 64 GB variant has 6 GB RAM.
6. Another advantages of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is the camera. It is a dual setup one. Both the camera is of 12 megapixels. The difference lies in focal aperture and sensor size. It also has 2x optical zoom, mind it that its an optical zoom which is always good than a digital zoom. Another great thing about the camera is the 4-axis OIS (optical image stabilization) technology. Yes it can take slow motion videos too in 720p resolution at 120 fps (frames per second).
7. Out of the boz the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s comes with the latest version of Android 8.0 which is the verison of Oreo. Yes it is skinned with Xiaomi’s MIUI user interface.
8. On the rear it as a fingerprint scanner just below the camera. It is quick and accurate in responding.
9. Apart from the fingerprint sensor it has accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass, magnetometer, gravity sensor and ambient light sensor.
10. As it has USB Type-C reversioble connector it means USB OTG cable is supported.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The battery capacity is of 3400 mAh which for an evid user is fine to last throughout the day.
12. Yes the smartpone does support fast charging feature through the 9V/2A power adapter with Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
13. Next reason to buy Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is for the wireless charging feature. Not many smartphones have this feature.
14. For the display protection it has Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
15. The construction of the smartphone is metal along the rails and ceramic on the rear. The thickness is 8.1 inch and weights 191 grams.
16. And the last pros of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is the verison of Bluetooth which is 5.0 verison.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. There is no memory card slot. Its a little disappointment as you will have to go for at least the 128 GB variant.
My Verdict: Despite the cons it still a very good smartphone. But if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone with 2K display at a much lower price then follow this link.
That’s all about the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s review with pros and cons. If there is anything I left out, comment below.