This article is about the Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Pros and Cons Review.
There are tons of vacuum cleaners especially from China which costs a couple of hundred dollars. But the problem with them is the navigation system, I am referring to the way how they clean. Today I have the Mi Robotic to discuss for how it outperforms in both features and essentially navigation. So without any delay lets review the Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum (Pros and Advantages):
1. It is currently the cheapest vacuum cleaner that uses LDS (Laser Distance Sensor) for accuracy. It scans 5 times in 360 degrees per second which is very fast. The maximum range of measurement is 6 meters. The error percent is not more than 2% which is pretty good for others are struggling at 7% to 10%.
2. The navigation algorithm is SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) which is very intelligent in path planning. It maps unknown territories with updated location of the device calculating the best cleaning path.
3. Next Mi Robotic Cleaner advantages is that it has literally a dozen sensors. They are wall sensor, dustbin sensor, collision sensor, ultrasonic radar sensor, electronic compass, cliff sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, drop sensor, speedometer and fan speed sensor.
4. Now to process the input information of all the above sensors it has three engine to drive the device. The first is the Allwinner A7 which is the core job is for processing information, second is the TI for processing digital signal, and the third is the ST M3 which is a micro-controller.
5. Another reason to get the Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum cleaner is for the extremely strong suction which creates a pressure of 1800pa. At such high pressure units the sound produced is low enough to net disturbed. It creates a hum much like the air-conditioners.
6. Apart from suction it also sweeps the floor. It is useful because sometimes there are bits larger to fit into the dustbin.
7. The battery is very large which is of 5200 mAh. Under continuous usage it will run for 2.5 hours. Or you can say it will clean an area or 250 square meter.
8. The Mi Home App allows you to monitor in real time for how much or even how it has cleaned (the pattern). The app works through Wi-Fi which also allows you to control for starting, stopping and even charging.
9. Sometimes you might forget to clean the floor, so for that not happen you can schedule to clean the floor everyday automatically. You can even set more than once a day. And for all those you will need to control through the app.
10. It has HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filtration which essentially filters the air by not allowing to escape particles such as pollen, pet danger, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
11. And the last Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum pros is the auto recharge feature. If while cleaning the battery is below 20% then it goes to the charging station and automatically docks to recharge the battery until it reaches 80% and start cleaning the unfinished work.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum cleaner (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first disadvantages is that while cleaning corner it struggles a bit. It happens because it maintain a distance of 10 mm from the edges. Means technically the device will keep a distance of 14.14 mm from the corners.
2. Another Xiaomi Mi Robotic Vacuum cons is that the device is targeted for only Chinese users. I mean to say that the manual is of Chinese, not English. Users will need to figure it by their own to operate the vacuum cleaner.
3. Xiaomi didn’t provide any spare like extra side brush, filter or anything.
My Verdict: The specs and features are very good, but the price is not. However if in case you are looking to get it at a very low price then copy this coupon code “MiRobotBK” and follow this link to apply there.