This article is about the Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera Review with Pros and Cons.
After the success of Mijia 3.5K 360 degree Panoramic Action Camera the company has decided to launch the 4K variant. It has one more difference and that is the 360 degree panoramic view is absent. Anyway the price is also considerably lower compared to the former. Right now it is priced at $139.99 or as the price printed on the retail box. Specs wise its a great action camera, but there are some limitations in terms of features. So without any further introduction about the product lets review the Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera in pros and cons.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera (Pros and Advantages):
1. It comes with a 2.4 inch screen which is a touch panel. It is quite responsive with good amount of brightness to view under direct sunlight without any problems. The resolution of the display is 960×480 pixels which makes it a pixel density of 447 ppi (pixels per inch). Technically it has more pixels than a full HD smartphone of 5.5 inch size.
2. The optics is of 8.3 megapixels which is Sony IMX 317 sensor. The sensor size is of 1.62 μm pixel size which is pretty large enough to handle low light conditions. On top of the sensor it has seven pieces of glass which acts as lens.
3. The maximum resolution at which it can record videos is in 3840×2160 pixels. It is a 4K resolution at 30 fps (frames per second). The still image resolution is the same as video which essentially translates to the native 8.3 megapixel resolution of the camera sensor.
4. The chipset of the Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera is Ambarella A12S75 SoC. It is a very powerful chipset that process 4K resolution videos without any heating issues or problems. It also has very good in 3D noise reduction.
5. Despite the lens is not a panoramic one it still produces very wide images and motion pictures. The maximum viewing angles of it can cover is of 145 degrees. Yes you also do have the option to decrease the viewing angles for recording videos and capturing stills. The focal aperture of the lens is f/2.8 which is performs good in low light conditions.
6. Another advantages of Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera is the dedicated stabilization feature. It has 6-axis stabilization which is a combination of 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer.
7. The battery capacity is of 1450 mAh which is fine. With full charge it lasts up to two hours for recording videos in 4K resolution continuously. With 1080p resolution the battery can last up to three hours. The standby time is for four hours.
8. You can transfer the files to your computer through Wi-Fi and micro USB port. The maximum memory the 4K action camera can read is up to 64 GB.
9. At 99 grams its incredibly light to strap anywhere. At the bottom it has a tripod screw hole.
10. Other additional features includes slow motion, time-lapse shooting, high-speed shooting and nine other modes.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons of Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera is that unlike GoPro which has IP water proof rating this one does not have. Plus the company has not provided any accessories to make it waterproof. For a waterproof action camera at the same price tag follow this link.
2. Another disadvantages or problems is that it does not have any ports to connect external microphone.
3. And finally the last Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K Action Camera problems or cons if you cannot read Chinese then forget it. Reason is that the menu supports only Chinese language.
My Verdict: If you can handle the cons then it’s worth the price. However if you are looking for a better alternative action camera then follow the link below.
If case I have missed something in the review then do comment below.